Rumor: Three teams interested in Petry

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
As per Eric Engels (from Sportsnet but at Marinaro podcast), Buffalo and Detroit have interest in the 35 yo RHD.

TSN (Chris Johnston) says Dallas are interested, but would ask MTL to retain 50%.

I guess the return won't be very big.

If 50% retained, might be a little more.

Without retaining, I guess maybe a conditional 2025 3rd (that become a 2nd if team makes playoffs or something like that)

If retained maybe a 2nd and a b prospect.

Last edited:

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
As per Sportsnet, Buffalo and Detroit have interest in the 35 yo RHD.

TSN says Dallas are interested, but would ask MTL to retain 50%.

I guess the return won't be very big.

If 50% retained, might be a little more.

Without retaining, I guess maybe a conditional 2025 3rd (that become a 2nd if team makes playoffs or something like that)

If retained maybe a 2nd and a b prospect.
Engels has confirmed that Petry's 15-team ntc includes all western teams. Dallas can have all the interest they want, but I don't see him waiving - even if it might be a good fit.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Engels has confirmed that Petry's 15-team ntc includes all western teams. Dallas can have all the interest they want, but I don't see him waiving - even if it might be a good fit.

Apparently his wife is a native Texan so if that's the basis for all of these "Petry to Dallas" rumours over the last year or so it would at least make SOME kind of sense.......I'm totally fine with his preference to stay in the east though. :laugh:

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Literally, the only reason why Detroit is interested is if Chiarot goes the other way and that is most likely not happening because that would just be too good for Detroit.

Also, not sure if I would even want Petry. I know he has been linked to rumors with Detroit in the past, but idk how he is linked to us at this point. Where are they getting their information from? Because Yzerman doesn't let anyone talk inside the organization.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Our right side is pitiful so it's possible for Petry to help the team until the deadline but ideally, he should be traded before the season starts.

I'm surprised the Panthers weren't mentioned in the rumors. I still think Florida is the most logical destination for him.

Reactions: Garnet76 and CDN24

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018

Well, seeing there are 16 teams in the Western Conference there is at least one WC team not on his 15-team NTC. Who knows, that could be Dallas. ;)

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I'm surprised the Panthers weren't mentioned in the rumors. I still think Florida is the most logical destination for him.
They've got Ekblad and Montour on the right side, plus 7 other dmen on 1-way contracts, and limited cap space. I don't see Petry being a fit there.

I think Montreal will have to hang onto him until the deadline.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
There’s a few team that could use a RD upgrade but none of the listed teams make sense.

I’d even include the Wings in this. They just signed RD Holl and the left shooting Ghost who plays the right side.

Reactions: dpospish

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Our right side is pitiful so it's possible for Petry to help the team until the deadline but ideally, he should be traded before the season starts.

Savard, Barron, Kovacevic and Wideman is fine for the stage we're at.

The sooner we trade Petry, the better it is for us cap wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad