Post-Game Talk: Three Stars #45: Devils @ Rangers, aka, "Season's Over"

Above and Beyond

Apr 26, 2012
Big win today. Good to see the Rangers confidence is high.

Too bad Hank couldn't have been rewarded with the shutout! Cally nearly had a hatty with that empty net and that would have been cool too.

Great seeing the Devs meltdown today, but ya can't gloat too hard... they could have our number and the last laugh in the season finale.

... But do yourselves a favor and watch highlights of today's game on mute synced with the Benny Hill theme playing. I had to wipe away tears. lol

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
This discussion about Gabby's name on the Cup reminds me of the "we want the Cup" chants during the first game with Drury/Gomez. Ridiculously premature. Let's stick with hoping they sneak into the playoffs, eh?

GFiP*

Big win today. Good to see the Rangers confidence is high.

Too bad Hank couldn't have been rewarded with the shutout! Cally nearly had a hatty with that empty net and that would have been cool too.

Great seeing the Devs meltdown today, but ya can't gloat too hard... they could have our number and the last laugh in the season finale.

... But do yourselves a favor and watch highlights of today's game on mute synced with the Benny Hill theme playing. I had to wipe away tears. lol

Hopefully we don't have to care about the last game, if Winnipeg loses tomorrow in relgulation and we beat florida, we're in.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
No excuses for not beating Florida. A good team takes care of the Panthers and quickly.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
Makes much more sense.

As for the bolded, I could swear something like that happened in baseball recently. I believe it was a catcher? His former team and current team played in the WS and he was guaranteed a ring. Weird. :laugh:

It happened when the Giants beat the Texas Rangers. Bengie Molina was guaranteed a ring no matter what.

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
It happened when the Giants beat the Texas Rangers. Bengie Molina was guaranteed a ring no matter what.

So in baseball if you're traded away you still get a ring if your old team wins?

That's pretty stupid. I can just picture that.. the closer blows the save in game 7 of the world series and still gets a ring for sucking (which is probably why he got traded in the first place).

Found a link: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=sh-molina102410

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Hopefully we don't have to care about the last game, if Winnipeg loses tomorrow in relgulation and we beat florida, we're in.

I'm actually calling that the Jets will stick it out and ottawa will starting sinking...

Isles 6th
Rangers 7th
Jets 8th

Hoping that Boston continues to win and sticks in 2nd place... Do NOT want to go up against MTL, even though theyve been playing like garbage recently

satrabyk

Dec 10, 2008
Loving it right now the lines are working like magic and i think its only getting better. The first line with Nash and Clowe resembles Bostons first line in some ways. Brassard has hot wheels and is hard on the puck i like it. Zucc has been unreal has helped Richards a lot in gaining some offensive confidence. Obviously Stepan line has been a joy to watch. Everyone, i mean John Moore looks like Mcd out there. Anyway im going to bet this team to win the Cup i havent seen them look this good in any year. I honestly dont care what people say i think there connecting at the right time and will blow teams away come PO. I dont care who we play will beat them. Factor in a possible return of Staal and ive got no issues.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Until we get exposed in the playoffs, sure. Don't say I didn't tell you so. I'm starting to think Brad Richas would score 70 points a year on any other team.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Until we get exposed in the playoffs, sure. Don't say I didn't tell you so. I'm starting to think Brad Richas would score 70 points a year on any other team.

I am one of Torts biggest detractors but none of Richards' struggles this year have anything to do with him. Richards just simply played like crap for the vast majority of this season.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Some quotes from Bjurman:
"Question: What do you think of NJD's coach being kicked out of the game? Strålman ("looks around the dressing room"): It is odd that that doesn't happen to us more often"

"Question: What do you think of Richards hat-trick? Strålman: It could have been the ugliest hat-trick in the history of the league."
[I personally think the ugliest hat-trick of the history of the league MUST belong to Fabian Brunnström, check out his highlites at nhl.com and the first three goals of his career (which came in his first game)]

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I am one of Torts biggest detractors but none of Richards' struggles this year have anything to do with him. Richards just simply played like crap for the vast majority of this season.

Yes and no, I do not fault Torts for Richards crappy play.

But we are making it so easy for ourselves if we just think that Richards turned crap over night.

Brad Richards is the -- exact -- same player who paced 67 pts (with 34 pts on the PP) and an minus 33 over 82 games despite playing on a top PP (Tampa was 5th in the league) and with tremendous linemates for Tampa in 07/08 (all numbers what is what he was on pace for over 82 games).

And the exact same player who scored 91 pts three years ago and paced over a PPG two years ago (playing with those youngs studs at his wing and on a functioning (read: coached) PP).

My point is just, if we are not happy with Richards, we need to scout better. Cause this is the player we signed. We have not provided him with the right playing partners on the PP, hence he has not scored many pts, hence his confidence has gone awol, and 1 + 1 + 1 gives us what we have today. Its as simple as that. I don't know how many times I've seen him over his career and thought like "yikes he scores alot of pts but is not the most talented hockey player thats for sure", and posted at this place about just that. I was very concerned before we got him, and when he plays like expected, so many goes like "he was top 3 center in the league now lost everything".

Last edited:

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
We're battling just to make the ****ing playoffs and people are wondering if Gaborik's name will be on the Cup????? Are you ****ing kidding me! I didn't know we traded Gáborík to Pittsburgh:sarcasm:

16 To Stanley*

Regardless of the idiotic, premature cup talk, but if they did miraculously win, I don't want to see Gabby's name on the cup. Gaborik was my favorite player while here, but it's wrong. He's on another team and isn't a part of this success.

In my opinion, we don't make the playoffs if he's still here anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad