Post-Game Talk: Three Stars #45: Devils @ Rangers, aka, "Season's Over"

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
We've missed you, Loffen.

Thanks. I've missed this place too.

The secret is out Loffen, you went to the woods of Norway to practice black magic and summon the god in charge of Ranger goals. Good thing you're back, we missed you brothaman.

I was about to do that, but the flu knocked me out instead. Basically been sleeping for 5 days.

Stay away from making GDT's for the rest of the season.

:sarcasm:

Yep.

Go away Loffen. Rangers have been doing well in your absence.

Oh you.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
So, so SOOOO happy to stick it to the Devils yesterday.

The Rangers just have to make sure they dont put themselves in a position to give the Devils a chance to knock them out on Saturday. (Im going to that game and I'm hoping its Biron between the pipes and Dorsett is in the lineup).

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Just finished watching the game. Man, we were on fire. Play of the game was definitely Callahan flipping the puck over Brodeur... That was awesome!

The Good: Callahan, Richards, Henrik and the fact we scored 2 PP goals
The Bad: No shut out
The Bickel: Nothing really. Eliminating the Devils, at home, 4-1 is just sweet

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
So in baseball if you're traded away you still get a ring if your old team wins?

That's pretty stupid. I can just picture that.. the closer blows the save in game 7 of the world series and still gets a ring for sucking (which is probably why he got traded in the first place).

Found a link: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=sh-molina102410

Rings are given out by the team, not the league, and the team can decide who they give them to.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
You know devils fans are butthurt when they say **** like this about King Henrik:

"I just hate watching the way he plays back on the goal line all the time and relies on his size so much rather than any actual athleticism. And the uniform he wears."

Reminds me of this:

RSTweet_original.jpg

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Watched the highlights to see if I didn't pick up on some things, and Richie's pass on Cally's 2nd goal was a beaut

Jan 8, 2012
NY
One thing that didn't get mentioned was Ryan Carter kicking Hank in the third period when the game was out of hand. Real POS move right there.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Not including shootout goals -

Before Gaborik trade (35 games) : 2.26 G/G

After Gaborik trade (10 games): 4.7 G/G

Of course its a little skewed with the latest shellings, but no doubt they're a more balanced team these days.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Not including shootout goals -

Before Gaborik trade (35 games) : 2.26 G/G

After Gaborik trade (10 games): 4.7 G/G

Of course its a little skewed with the latest shellings, but no doubt they're a more balanced team these days.

We regained a lot of depth we lost in the Nash trade and by letting our guys walk. There's a huge difference in the team.

GFiP*

Devils fans have nothing to talk about but rooting for the jets and what bandwagons to jump on for the playoffs. Lmaooooo @ them

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
So if the Rangers and BJ's play in the Stanley Cup final, Gaborik, Moore, Dorsett and Brassard are guarenteed a ring? Isn't that something?

If we play CBJ in the Finals, I have to imagine that being the most awkward thing ever. Half of each team recently played for the other.

As much as I want them and us to make it, I hope if we do make it, it's not them. I never want to have to root against Artie, Dubi, Gabby, or Vinny

16 To Stanley*

So if the Rangers and BJ's play in the Stanley Cup final, Gaborik, Moore, Dorsett and Brassard are guarenteed a ring? Isn't that something?

Nash, Dubinsky, Anisimov and Erixon narrowly missing the cut.

Imagine a SC matchup between them. It would be hilarious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad