News Article: Thoughts On Proposed PNC Arena Upgrades?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I've always wanted an open-air viewing bar like what Spectrum Center in Charlotte has on the 2nd level concourse in the South Endzone.

Looks like this

180510_spectrum_rtrt_thumb-54a7f1c4d5.jpg

Such a thing is doubtful and would remove a shit ton of seats but I like the concept.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Any and all renovations need to have the Battery in Atlanta in mind. That area around the Braves stadium should be the standard which all other non downtown stadiums need to live by.

The Canes should, put 2-3 restaurants on the outside of the arena, they dont need access into the arena. Places where people can eat before, after, and even on none game days. The Braves have doubled their revenue streams with the inclusion of the Battery. With the Hospital and other businesses right there, we should see a decent amount of traffic on non game days. Might see a couple of teachers scoot over and eat during their breaks.

I do not like the idea of taking out aisles to put in more seats. Some of the rows are wide enough, I dont want to see the climbing over people to get to seats, more intensive.

I do feel like the Arena has an excessive amount of stairwells but Im not the fire marshal.

the new lighting / projection system has already added to the fan experience.

If I ran the show I would do 4 things:

1. 2 restaurants outside of the arena with a plan to double if it is overly successful.
2. new scoreboard
3. new ice system
4. if we can take out a stairwell or two, add some legit restaurants in the building as vendors in those spots (i.e. bojangles).

Pie in the sky rendering would be adding that roof top bar on the football stadium side. Give State fans somewhere to go during football games :cool: and also would allow State to get around the no alcohol at events rule. Plus, State fans can go watch good football games on the TV.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Reactions: Unsustainable

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Dundon mentioned in the off season that TopGolf is considering a new Raleigh location. But yeah I believe Drive Shack is opening next month. Wouldn't be surprised if we have both eventually.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The new competitors have already beaten him to the punch.

Drive Shack, a golf complex and restaurant, plans to open in Raleigh

Drove by it on 40 last weekend, saw the nets up and thought it might be a Top Golf but upon a google search this is what came up.

The Swedish competitor of my employer used to supply to a potential customer of my employer that's close to one of the main sites of my employer's, apparently with extremely competitive price, presumably mainly as a FU to my employer.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Kinda wonder why this also has not happened.
https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2011/12/15/building-owner-ok-with-rbc-center.html

Looks like the current naming deal runs through 2022.

These renovations would align very nicely with the end of that agreement. Would not be shocked to see the rename to TopGolf Arena to be a part of this whole venture.

But then again, why would Dundo pay himself to put a name on his own building when he could get someone else to pay him, and increase profits.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2011/12/15/building-owner-ok-with-rbc-center.html

Looks like the current naming deal runs through 2022.

These renovations would align very nicely with the end of that agreement. Would not be shocked to see the rename to TopGolf Arena to be a part of this whole venture.

But then again, why would Dundo pay himself to put a name on his own building when he could get someone else to pay him, and increase profits.

How much in marketing dollars are naming rights actually worth? I have no idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad