Player Discussion Thomas Vanek

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It's too bad Vanek has a track record of bombing when he moves to a new team at the deadline....the Habs, Wild and Panthers were all in on him but left frustrated.....he might just be one those guys who takes awhile to settle in with a new team, and of course down the stretch and into the playoffs, there's no time to adjust.....seems to me that Ryan Miller moved from Buffalo to the Blues at the deadline and completely flopped. Another guy who needs to feel comfortable in his surroundings before he can produce.

But if Benning and the Canucks can set up a mini-bidding war and if a lot of big-name wingers move early on TDL day, then maybe a team will take the plunge for a second or third rounder.

slovakia18

English? I can't.
Jan 7, 2012
austria/swiss
It's too bad Vanek has a track record of bombing when he moves to a new team at the deadline....the Habs, Wild and Panthers were all in on him but left frustrated.....he might just be one those guys who takes awhile to settle in with a new team, and of course down the stretch and into the playoffs, there's no time to adjust.....seems to me that Ryan Miller moved from Buffalo to the Blues at the deadline and completely flopped. Another guy who needs to feel comfortable in his surroundings before he can produce.

But if Benning and the Canucks can set up a mini-bidding war and if a lot of big-name wingers move early on TDL day, then maybe a team will take the plunge for a second or third rounder.
The wild team wasn't at the deadline.

but what i really never understand is this "frustrated" thing from the habs fans. I mean he was really good in the regular season (18 GP 6 G 9 A +/- +8) and 2 Rounds in teh PO's (17GP 5 G 5 A -5) agianst the Rangers , he but all other ones too were really bad.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017

I think a 3rd-rounder is quite possible based on previous deadline deals. 2nd-round, I don't see it. I'd be happy with a 3rd; a 4th would be okay.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
2nd would be good cause from a contender is a late 2nd basically a 3rd anyways

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Yeah I would be happy with anything that is a 4th or better at this point. We wasted that fourth on Pouliot. At the very least we need to replace that.
And thats gonna be a high 4th too. We only get a 4th back from a playoff team were behind where wed HAVE been

Reactions: dwarf

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
It's too bad Vanek has a track record of bombing when he moves to a new team at the deadline....the Habs, Wild and Panthers were all in on him but left frustrated

I agree except the Wild didn't acquire him at the deadline. I thought he fared pretty well with the Islanders (who traded him because he didn't accept the extension) and the Habs. He didn't fare well with the Panthers but apparently they didn't really put him a position to succeed?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad