Waived: Thomas Hickey on Waivers

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
after watching him numerous times in manchester for the last 3 seasons i can say he really isnt anything special

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Hamill is enough reason to not put much weight into draft position after a certain amount of time.

Kaoz*

I still have a mancrush on Legein. Don't care about all the crap that went on with him either.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
One guy I would keep an eye on in the minors is Cody Golobuf.

He's buried behind a lot of good defensive prospects on Columbus but he's a gem. Played great vs Providence on the weekend.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Meh ... if I remember correctly the Kings reached HUGE to pick him there so the #4 pick Title doesn't really hold much weight. Wouldn't complain, but I wouldn't have any expectations either.

ElkabombKid9

May 18, 2007
Boston
That's weird he was put on waivers on my NHL13 GM mode last night so I picked him up....He definitely sucks in the game, have't seen much of him in "real life":sarcasm:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
i think we need a cheap affordable 7th dman that is able to ride the pressbox without being hurt...

not sure we have anyone better then hickey for that role right now?

id definitely put in a claim if nothing else is available... and if he doesnt work out he can be waived again

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
i think we need a cheap affordable 7th dman that is able to ride the pressbox without being hurt...

not sure we have anyone better then hickey for that role right now?

id definitely put in a claim if nothing else is available... and if he doesnt work out he can be waived again

Bartkowski, Aaron Johnson and Warsowsky have looked good in camp. Of the three, Johnson looked perhaps the most ready to fill the bill of 7th D-man.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
If we did I wouldn't object. No risk, potentially a low reward.

Don't think there's any need to, though. As someone said above we have very capable prospects able to fill the 7th dman spot.

Kaoz*

Was he the one who decided to quit coming out of his draft year?

Yup, went all Paul Ranger on everyone retiring from the game without word as to why. Only ended up retiring for half a season though before coming back.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Surprised Legein hasn't been better as a pro. Thought for sure he would make the NHL but who really knows what his deal is with that retirement. Hickey has been hurt too much and it doesn't look promising for his NHL career.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
after watching him numerous times in manchester for the last 3 seasons i can say he really isnt anything special

This. He was the 3rd or 4th best dman on Manchester. He's small and doesn't really do anything at an NHL level.

No thanks

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
That's weird he was put on waivers on my NHL13 GM mode last night so I picked him up....He definitely sucks in the game, have't seen much of him in "real life":sarcasm:

Know who really sucks in NHL 13? Khodobin. Awful. I try to rotate the goalies a bit, especially on back to backs, and he's just brutal. He's a 70 overall. Rask is not very good either, but at least I can win games when he plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad