Player Discussion Thomas Chabot (D) Part 2

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm not sure if Chabot got it wrong or TSN1200 (could be a victim of auto complete) but he/they almost certainly meant hyperextension.
Stress facture makes sense to me.
Tension is a French word for stress. Hyperextension fracture of the tibia area would be rare and mostly as result of hyperextension of the knee.
Just got the word wrong .. shame

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
So does that mean he sprained it so bad he got a micro fracture?
Maybe lol… bones pulling away from each other cause ligament injuries, or avulsion fractures if the ligament holds. Bones being compressed together can cause bony injuries, bony contusions, maybe fractures. The way Chabot describes it is probably a lay persons account of what was described by Dr. Chow or whoever he saw.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
A little slow right now, understandable. But I have made piece with Chabot getting traded

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I was saying we sell high on him last year.

Not only to round out the team but for Chabots own good. If he goes elsewhere he can rebuild his game. He can't handle this market especially as a leader and frankly neither can Brady.

But Chabot now has negative value and the only way you can trade him is if we get a bad contract in return.

• Haha
Reactions: bert

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Aw, man. Trading Chabot now would be like selling your 1965 Cobra Shelby on Facebook because a mouse holed up in it over the winter.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Chabot is more or less the perfect example of why this team can't win. Martin alluded to the issue as well with his quote about treating games like playoff games with intensity night in and night out.

Players like Chabot just don't have that extra gear or if they do, refuse to use it. We get hemmed in on a nightly basis because guys prefer to stand around instead of battle.

Reactions: Tuna99

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Chabot is more or less the perfect example of why this team can't win. Martin alluded to the issue as well with his quote about treating games like playoff games with intensity night in and night out.

Players like Chabot just don't have that extra gear or if they do, refuse to use it. We get hemmed in on a nightly basis because guys prefer to stand around instead of battle.

2017 WJC MVP Thomas Chabot has an extra gear.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
2017 WJC MVP Thomas Chabot has an extra gear.
I've made a post about this before. 2017 WJC Chabot is the most dominant d-man I've seen play at that tournament. It was literally a "give the puck to Chabot whenever he's on the ice" situation. I thought that carried through to the NHL initially and then things went downhill.

IMO the guy is a shadow of that player now and a big part of it has to do with his legs/effort. I don't know why he looks slow/clunky and like his energy levels tanked.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I've made a post about this before. 2017 WJC Chabot is the most dominant d-man I've seen play at that tournament. It was literally a "give the puck to Chabot whenever he's on the ice" situation. I thought that carried through to the NHL initially and then things went downhill.

IMO the guy is a shadow of that player now and a big part of it has to do with his legs/effort. I don't know why he looks slow/clunky and like his energy levels tanked.
Some people say he has a kick of energy after the games...

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

He's refusing to do what Martin has talked about. I dont think this player is coachable at all. I mean we know there is talent in there somewhere but its buried so far deep who knows if he ever finds it again.

I really would like to see a new Defense coach before a final decision is made. But what I am seeing now is the most disheartening thing I can remember about this team in its entirety outside of knowing Dorion is making big decisions.

Reactions: h2

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

“We’re going through tough times. But I mean, at the end of the day, a few of those goals, we’re giving it to them. I think everybody’s aware of that in this room. We’re going to have to just keep on working away and fixing those.”
“I mean, there’s nobody else to look around. There’s nobody else to blame. There’s not one guy better than anybody else in this team. We’re all in this situation. We’re all losing games together. And at the end of the day, the only way we’re gonna get through this is by being with each other. I mean, losing, losing sucks. There’s nothing worse than that. And the only way out is by sticking together and making it happen together.”

I like these comments from Chabot. I'd like them to be fully embraced and echoed by other members of the Sens Leadership group

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.

I like these comments from Chabot. I'd like them to be fully embraced and echoed by other members of the Sens Leadership group
Actually, Thomas, there are very clearly 3 guys better than everyone else right now. Giroux, Grieg, and Kelly are on a completely different level than the rest. Team needs to follow their lead and put in the same effort or they can get the f*** out.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad