THN's Ken Campbell notices that Cassie Campbell's husband is Flames AGM

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
She’s actually pretty good. Hrudey is a homer. Cassie not so much
I don't mind her. I don't find any of the color people particularly insightful and she doesn't babble on about things that have nothing to do with the game, so that's a plus.

Reactions: blueberrie

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Her husband being Flames AGM is not the reason she is extremely bad.

This.

The thing I find funny is that she can be a huge Flames homer, to the point where I’d rather she not be involved in Flames games (she’s not worse than Hrudey, but that’s a whole nother debate), but that ISN’T his issue. Like, what’s the issue with her calling the game then? It’s not like she has any influence on the outcome

Reactions: Janks

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
This.

The thing I find funny is that she can be a huge Flames homer, to the point where I’d rather she not be involved in Flames games (she’s not worse than Hrudey, but that’s a whole nother debate), but that ISN’T his issue. Like, what’s the issue with her calling the game then? It’s not like she has any influence on the outcome

If Colin Campbell working for the NHL DoPS when his son Gregory was playing in the NHL wasn't an issue, then this shouln't be either.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Nothing to see here. It's just Ken Campbell saying something ridiculous for the sake of it.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Who cares? Nobody minds when Ray Ferraro calls games Landon Ferraro is playing in.

Besides, plenty of announcers have team biases, if we're fine with that, it shouldn't matter what the source of the bias is.

CanCHI

Dec 6, 2015
Not suggesting she should be thrown in jail. It’s called ethics, and media companies should strive to be transparent to their viewers. It’s if not a big deal then there should be no issue letting people who tune in know that her husband works for the team she covers.

How is this not known in the hockey world?

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Looks like Ken Campbell deleted the tweet. What did it say?

I'm not a fan of Cassie Campbell but I don't hear a difference between her commentary for the Flames and any other team. She seems very professional.

Basically that the thought is was some sort of conflict of interest for HNIC to have her as a commentator for a Flames game because her husband works for Calgary. IMO that makes no sense since half the commentators in the league have ties to some organization or another.

Either way, as silly as that is its probably preferable to the hatchet job he did last week on some poor guy the Ducks brought up from the Gulls. I get that some people don't like enforcers, but it just seemed sort of out of whack that he randomly chose some poor AHL'er to play poster boy for that crusade.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
I’ll be honest I don’t like her calling the games because I find her voice like finger nails down a blackboard (don’t like Carrie Underwood for the same reason), do like Christine Simpson’s voice though and for the record I’m a woman so flame me with the jealous comments all you want

Reactions: Crosstraffic

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
This just seems so stupid to me.

How many members of the media are not connected to a team in some way, heck connected even more?

Was he tired of her being the more relevant Campbell or what?

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Maybe it might be a bit of an issue if she was covering the Flames full time for all 82 games, but she works for a national broadcaster that broadcasts only a limited number of Flames games.

Beebop22

May 4, 2017
I thought she was unbiased last night. Although, she was very boring and said the same cliche things to every situation she talked about.
There is no conflict of interest in her covering a Flames game.
You wanna see bias at an all time high? Watch one of those American local networks like FSN or MSG or Altitude. They have more bias than even the regional Sportsnet telecasts up here in Canada.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
She was fine. Called it as bland and boring as she always does.

I thought she was unbiased last night. Although, she was very boring and said the same cliche things to every situation she talked about.
There is no conflict of interest in her covering a Flames game.
You wanna see bias at an all time high? Watch one of those American local networks like FSN or MSG or Altitude. They have more bias than even the regional Sportsnet telecasts up here in Canada.

I do all the time and it's still a million times better than Sportsnet. I stay away from SN if at all possible unless it's an all Canadian match up and I have no choice.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
She’s a member of the media. You should disclose if a family member works for a team you’re covering.

Are you suggesting they announce it before every game she covers or what?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Campbell Is a tool.

I suppose he was demanding Dredger remind everyone he was Nonis’ cousin everytime he talked about the Leafs? (Not likely)

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
I'm still upset for her not suspending Gregory Campbell in the 2011 playoffs against Vancouver.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
This literally has to be one of the most stupidest and absurd arguments I've ever heard. She's calling a freakin' hockey game. Even if she is slanted towards her husband's team, who cares? How is that in any way affecting the hockey game?

Yet he probably has no issue whatsoever that former players are calling games involving their former teams.

Get stuffed Campbell (Ken that is).

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I know its not exactly the same thing, but I don't recall people making a big fuss when Ray Ferraro called a game that happened to involve his son in it.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
She is brutal at commentary, I will take any loophole we can get to oust her from doing anymore games.

Reactions: Crosstraffic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad