THN's Ken Campbell notices that Cassie Campbell's husband is Flames AGM

Tom Collins

Aug 26, 2013
She’s a member of the media. You should disclose if a family member works for a team you’re covering.

Member of Sports Media, mind you. Not like she's using that connection to her advantage or to the detriment of any other club?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
She doesn’t really cover the team, she just states the obvious (very poorly). Regardless, there’s no law requiring the media to disclose the above.
Not suggesting she should be thrown in jail. It’s called ethics, and media companies should strive to be transparent to their viewers. It’s if not a big deal then there should be no issue letting people who tune in know that her husband works for the team she covers.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Not suggesting she should be thrown in jail. It’s called ethics, and media companies should strive to be transparent to their viewers. It’s if not a big deal then there should be no issue letting people who tune in know that her husband works for the team she covers.

Hilarious. This isn't journalism, it's sports entertainment. You think Rogers, fan960, TSN, whoever, aren't in bed with the NHL and individual teams they cover? Every broadcaster who talks about hockey is in "conflict of interest".

Reactions: Conbon

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
She’s a member of the media. You should disclose if a family member works for a team you’re covering.

should she mention it every 1 minute? 3 minutes? 5 minutes? 7.5 minutes?

i'm surprised not everyone already knew about this non-conflict of interest, it's not like it's a secret.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
it
I mean, TSN is called Toronto Sports Network, and no one ever raises any issue when all they do is talk Leafs...
stands for the sports network, not toronto sports network. i got confused as u did once

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
What are the real life consequences of her doing the games even if she is biased?

Considering a large portion of commentators are former NHL players, I'm sure they have their own biases for and against certain teams, players, managers and refs. Are we going to start investigating them and figuring out who which teams they can't call? Of course not. She's a professional. If she's biased, it only hurts her career...and she wasn't biased last night.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
unless she does something like leak an internal flames secret its a nothing to see here
She's more likely to NOT leak anything like that. She'd protect the interest of her husband, as she should.

But "LOL Sports Journalism," I guess.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Remember when Darren dregers cousin was GM of he leafs. Who cares.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->