News Article: THN: Islanders Next Generation Slams Book Shut On Tavares Era With Convincing Win Over Maple Leafs

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
The crowd at that game is going way past "*******" chants. My money is on "F You, Johnny" thru the tribute and beyond.

I think there will be several different chants. The one I would want to say most is...

YOU'RE A FRAUD! Over and over. He's a lying POS, but that doesn't fit the cadence of the chant.

Reactions: SI90

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I am not sure he is terrible, the fact he took that 2007 team to the playoffs does say something, all that being said Nolans big issue seems to be personality clashes with players and management

He's a "rah-rah we're underdogs" type. Once that runs out, there's not much left. He's a good coach for teams that are unabashedly rebuilding. He'll get a talent deficient team to play hard for a year and then you can sack him without any regrets.

Reactions: bigtim1988

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
This reporter is looking through the wrong end of the telescope. Instead of saying the Islanders aren't toast without Tavares, ask how could they could've been if Trotz was coaching him with the Islanders.
He did cover it, albiet briefly:

"So are the Islanders better, or at least as good, without Tavares as they would be with him? Neither Trotz nor former GM Lou Lamoriello thinks so. And they’re probably right. With Trotz behind the bench and Tavares drawing all the tough assignments, the Islanders might have five or six more points by now."

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Used to hang out at Spit and Uncle Sams in the 80's once or 100 times. Donna Donna WLIR used to be there sometimes

Oak Beach Inn, Malibu, and every bar in Huntington ( twice on Friday)
Don't forget Spize and Reds.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
There was a time when Bryan Trottier returned. As coach of the Rangers. Talk about getting booed.

Reactions: xECK29x

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I hope it’s drowned out by a thunderstorm of boos. I have faith in my isles brethren that it will be.
Yet, as impossible as it would be too pull off, everyone turning their back to the scoreboard and it being deathly quiet would be a much more poignant display of displeasure than a chorus of fickle fan boos. The entire coliseum turning their back and doing nothing would make every single news outlet in a hockey market in NA.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yet, as impossible as it would be too pull off, everyone turning their back to the scoreboard and it being deathly quiet would be a much more poignant display of displeasure than a chorus of fickle fan boos. The entire coliseum turning their back and doing nothing would make every single news outlet in a hockey market in NA.

That would be pretty awesome. Then proceed to boo the crap out of him and release all that pent up emotion from the whole ordeal. That type of coordination would certainly make a statement.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

Axe Man

Sponsor
Jul 31, 2009
Nearby
I think it would be cool if the crowd chanted ' Barry Trotz' during any Tavares tribute.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I think the crowd should chant, "Loser. At first we were mad that you left but now we realize we're better off without you. Still, you know what you can do with your pajamas!"

Maybe everyone can show up early to practice.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Used to hang out at Spit and Uncle Sams in the 80's once or 100 times. Donna Donna WLIR used to be there sometimes

Oak Beach Inn, Malibu, and every bar in Huntington ( twice on Friday)

I listen to Larry the Duck every morning on Sirius :pickle: My decade !!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad