THN Future Watch

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I also finally got a copy. Kind of disappointed that some of my prospects didn't make teams top 10, simply because any other list I've seen for those teams have those players as high as top 5, let alone missing the top 10 completely. Those being Cal O'Reilly and Kaspars Daugavins

Here is a Panthers rundown...

James Van Riemsdyk - #3 Overall
Bryan Little - #17 Overall
James Neal - #56 Overall

Michal Neuvirth - #4 on Washington
Cal Clutterbuck - #4 on Minnesota
Antti Pihlstrom - #7 on Nashville
Marc Methot - #7 on Columbus
Liam Reddox - #7 on Edmonton
Phillip Goggula - #8 on Buffalo
Stefan Chaput - #8 on Carolina
Nick Dodge - #10 on Carolina
Benn Ferriero - #10 on Phoenix

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
I also finally got a copy. Kind of disappointed that some of my prospects didn't make teams top 10, simply because any other list I've seen for those teams have those players as high as top 5, let alone missing the top 10 completely. Those being Cal O'Reilly and Kaspars Daugavins

Here is a Panthers rundown...

James Van Riemsdyk - #3 Overall
Bryan Little - #17 Overall
James Neal - #56 Overall

Michal Neuvirth - #4 on Washington
Cal Clutterbuck - #4 on Minnesota
Antti Pihlstrom - #7 on Nashville
Marc Methot - #7 on Columbus
Liam Reddox - #7 on Edmonton
Phillip Goggula - #8 on Buffalo
Stefan Chaput - #8 on Carolina
Nick Dodge - #10 on Carolina
Benn Ferriero - #10 on Phoenix

I hear ya... I was surprised Carl Sneep didn't make the Pens' Top 10.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
For Colorado here are the guys listed:
Nick Foligno - 27th overall - #1 on OTT
Brian Lee - 35th overall - #2 on OTT
Ryan Parent - 38th overall - 3rd on PHI
Logan Couture - 66th overall - 3rd on SJ

Nathan Gerbe - #3 on Buffalo
Nigel Williams - #7 on Colorado
Sergei Shirokov - #10 on Vancouver

That's not many.. but a lot of guys have graduated and others have been traded away this past year. I expected atleast these guys to be on the top 10 lists of their teams:
- Jonas Enlund missed the top 10 for Atlanta, while teammate Lucenius made it. Strange, since Enlund is clearly the better player. Ranked #10 on HF top 20 for ATL.
- Dick Axelsson for Detroit. Ranked #9 on HF top 20 for DET this fall.
- Nick Palmieri for New Jersey. Ranked #4 on HF top 20 for NJ.
- Peter Regin for Ottawa. Ranked #14 on HF top 20 for OTT, but has had a good season in SEL and leads the league in playoff scoring with 5 points in 2 games against last years champs Modo. I expect him to be on the top 10 prospects of Ottawa in their updated list.

Last edited:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
- Jonas Enlund missed the top 10 for Atlanta, while teammate Lucenius made it. Strange, since Enlund is clearly the better player.

Enlund is two years older than Lucenius, so the ranking likely has something to do with that (Enlund was too old for the U20 WJC team for example, while Lucenius was named one of the top three players on the team as an 18 year old).

THN likely put more weight than they should on the WJC. The Atlanta HF list hasn't been updated in a while, but they have Enlund ahead of Lucenius. Always tough to compare guys two years apart given you just don't know how fast or slow the younger will develop.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Enlund is two years older than Lucenius, so the ranking likely has something to do with that (Enlund was too old for the U20 WJC team for example, while Lucenius was named one of the top three players on the team as an 18 year old).

THN likely put more weight than they should on the WJC. The Atlanta HF list hasn't been updated in a while, but they have Enlund ahead of Lucenius. Always tough to compare guys two years apart given you just don't know how fast or slow the younger will develop.

Actually the Atlanta HF top 20 list was updated last week ranking Enlund 10th and Lucenius 18th. Even with the 1½ year age difference, Enlund is way ahead of Lucenius in developement, playing on the 2nd line of a top team, while Lucenius was sent to the 2nd tier league to get icetime.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Actually the Atlanta HF top 20 list was updated last week ranking Enlund 10th and Lucenius 18th. Even with the 1½ year age difference, Enlund is way ahead of Lucenius in developement, playing on the 2nd line of a top team, while Lucenius was sent to the 2nd tier league to get icetime.

Well, looking at where Enlund was two years ago, I don't think it's fair to say he's "way ahead" given we don't know how good Lucenius will be in two years from now and Enlund was certainly not ahead of where Lucenius is now two years ago/ That said, he has certainly developed well this year, while there is of course no sure thing Lucenius will do the same.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Ducks' rundown...

Making the Future Watch Top 50:

Thomas Hickey - #30 overall
Ty Wishart - #47 overall

Those listed in individual teams' Top 10s:

Matt Hunwick - BOS #7
Petri Kontiola - CHI #10
Perttu Lindgren - DAL #4
P.K. Subban - MTL #4 (#69 overall)
David Fischer - MTL #5