THN-Future Watch: Who missed the cut and why

Status
Not open for further replies.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
LadyByngJeanRatelle said:
I just read my copy and I was suprised a few prospects weren't included in their teams top 10s:

Anaheim - Mark Popovic (he's having a good yr with Cincy)
Carolina - Brad Fast ( he's having a crappy year yes, but he's still 10 top on the canes isn't he?)
Los Angeles - Petr Kanko ( has he fallen out of the Kings' top 10 already?)
NY Islanders - Wes O'Neill (having huge yr w/ Notre Dame - even though they suck)
Washington - Mike Green ( i know wsh's loaded with good prospects, but take a look at what he's doing in the WHL this year, i think he's going to be a VERY solid 3-4 D man for years to come....he's got a mean streak )

Anyone agree? Disagree?

Green is not only in our Top10 he is pushing our top 5. He is leading defenseman in the WHL in scoring and is gritty and a force to be reckoned with.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
Hugh Jessiman-He was 43rd last year, but dropped off the list due to injuries. He'll be back next year, though. I wouldn't say that he was 'snubbed', but I'm saying that he probably missed the top-75 cut by a few votes due to his injury. As I said earlier, we'll see him on that list again next year.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
other than Skinner, I think Ellis-Plante should have been listed for the Canucks. he's one of the two best goalies in the Q.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I was a bit surprised that RSL leading scorer Alexei Kaigorodov didnt make the top 50. (only 55th? :joker: ) But seriousely I thought he would make the top 50. Oh well. I guess you cant really argue much with "16 executives".

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
Jason MacIsaac said:
Stupid magazine....it isn't in Coles, it isn't in Zellers, it isn't in sobeys......I AM GONNA FREAK

You have all these stores and no 7-11?

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Jason MacIsaac said:
From what I hear:
Petr Vrana (WJC star)
Ahren Nittel (torrid AHL scoring pace)

Both missed Devils list over Janssen, Foster, Laine, Redlihs and Pihlman

They did a horrible horrible job on the Devils.

Nittel probably started scoring after the mag went into printing, at least thats my guess. Also, the players listed have had a longer time to get looked at, where as Nittel just started his upward trend.

Now Vrana, i dont get that omission...

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
LadyByngJeanRatelle said:
I just read my copy and I was suprised a few prospects weren't included in their teams top 10s:

Anaheim - Mark Popovic (he's having a good yr with Cincy)
Carolina - Brad Fast ( he's having a crappy year yes, but he's still 10 top on the canes isn't he?)
Los Angeles - Petr Kanko ( has he fallen out of the Kings' top 10 already?)
NY Islanders - Wes O'Neill (having huge yr w/ Notre Dame - even though they suck)
Washington - Mike Green ( i know wsh's loaded with good prospects, but take a look at what he's doing in the WHL this year, i think he's going to be a VERY solid 3-4 D man for years to come....he's got a mean streak )

Anyone agree? Disagree?

The Green omission just shows how much depth washington actually has...

Kanko's not having the best year, same with Fast. O'Neill had a bad rap before the draft, and i think it will take some time before he shakes that.

Popovic i dont understand though.

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
THN didn't just omit Vrana. They put Cam friggin Janssen on the top-10 list. HF doesn't even rate him top-20. He's an AHL enforcer and thats it.

And they rated Redlihs over DeMarchi and Eckford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad