Washignton: Maxime Daigneault, Jared Aulin
Ranges: Balej (probably too old) :dunno:

Can somebody explain why these guys didnt make the top 10

Anybody else know who else was overlooked

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Kahnberg is something like 25, so he may be too old. He's also having a tough season... not scoring-wise, but the assists simply aren't there.

Skroob*

Balej has had a rough season thus far, but hes still a solid prospect.

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
Kavliary2000 said:
I noticed the following guys arent on their team's TOP 10

Can anyone explain why?

Carolina: Magnus Kahnberg
St-Louis: Alexei Shkotov, Peter Sejna (maybe too old) :dunno:

Can somebody explain why these guys didnt make the top 10

Aulin probably dropped b/c of his play in portland this year...even on here aulin is ranked 10th in the capitals depth

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I am pretty ticked off. I went to coles which is our biggest book store and they didn't have it in. Would supervalue or sobeys have it in their magazine rack?

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
Jason MacIsaac said:
I am pretty ticked off. I went to coles which is our biggest book store and they didn't have it in. Would supervalue or sobeys have it in their magazine rack?

Got mine at 7-11.

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Kavliary2000 said:

Brett Skinner for the Canucks. he's the highest scoring defensemen in college hockey. should be 6th or 7th.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
From what I hear:
Petr Vrana (WJC star)
Ahren Nittel (torrid AHL scoring pace)

Both missed Devils list over Janssen, Foster, Laine, Redlihs and Pihlman

They did a horrible horrible job on the Devils.

ginnungagap

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
THN catches alot of flack, some of it rightfully so- but aren't the team prospect lists in their Future Watch issue done by an executive from the team itself? I'm pretty sure that's whats stated in past issues. My understanding has always been that a team executive like the GM or head scout gives their team's top 10 ranking and a league-wide top 50 list which THN then averages out with all of the other league-wide lists and comes up with a consensus top 50. I haven't gotten my copy yet so I can't confirm for this year but I'm almost positive that's how it's been done in the past.

LadyByngJeanRatelle

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
I just read my copy and I was suprised a few prospects weren't included in their teams top 10s:

Anaheim - Mark Popovic (he's having a good yr with Cincy)
Carolina - Brad Fast ( he's having a crappy year yes, but he's still 10 top on the canes isn't he?)
Los Angeles - Petr Kanko ( has he fallen out of the Kings' top 10 already?)
NY Islanders - Wes O'Neill (having huge yr w/ Notre Dame - even though they suck)
Washington - Mike Green ( i know wsh's loaded with good prospects, but take a look at what he's doing in the WHL this year, i think he's going to be a VERY solid 3-4 D man for years to come....he's got a mean streak )

Anyone agree? Disagree?

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
ginnungagap said:
THN catches alot of flack, some of it rightfully so- but aren't the team prospect lists in their Future Watch issue done by an executive from the team itself? I'm pretty sure that's whats stated in past issues. My understanding has always been that a team executive like the GM or head scout gives their team's top 10 ranking and a league-wide top 50 list which THN then averages out with all of the other league-wide lists and comes up with a consensus top 50. I haven't gotten my copy yet so I can't confirm for this year but I'm almost positive that's how it's been done in the past.
It looks to me like each team is done by their writer. That in itself doesn't lend credibility to the project. The top 50 is done by NHL executives(16 out of 30 replied). There is a very wide range of knowledge there and the familiarity with other team's prospects may not be that succinct.

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
LadyByngJeanRatelle said:
I just read my copy and I was suprised a few prospects weren't included in their teams top 10s:

Carolina - Brad Fast ( he's having a crappy year yes, but he's still 10 top on the canes isn't he?)
NY Islanders - Wes O'Neill (having huge yr w/ Notre Dame - even though they suck)
Washington - Mike Green ( i know wsh's loaded with good prospects, but take a look at what he's doing in the WHL this year, i think he's going to be a VERY solid 3-4 D man for years to come....he's got a mean streak )

Anyone agree? Disagree?

I'd be interested to know Carolina's top 10.

CSUFBomb

Jul 15, 2004
Kavliary2000 said:
I noticed the following guys arent on their team's TOP 10

Carolina: Magnus Kahnberg
St-Louis: Alexei Shkotov, Peter Sejna (maybe too old) :dunno:

I could have sworn that Kahnberg DID make Carolina's list. I remember thinking it was odd because of his age.

I'm especially puzzled by the exclusion of Shkotov - certainly more worthy than many of the Blues' prospects who made the list.

Draftman

Feb 28, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site

Anyone agree? Disagree?

I can't figure out why they wouldn't have Mike Green on the Caps top ten or in the overall top 50. Even on HF, on the Caps top prospects, he is listed at #8. I just don't get it. I think he's one of the better defensive prospects. Wes O'neill should definately be on the Isles list. He's is clearly better than two or three of the other prospects listed. I always wonder, who is making up these lists, writers or scouts?

DevilFisch

Jan 11, 2003
Edison, NJ
www.inlouwetrust.com
And 10 of those 14 goals are on the power play.

THE DEVILS NEED A SCORER ON THE POWER PLAY.

Nittel is proving himself...well, at least in the AHL he is.

Vrana was also robbed. What happened to Vrana to warrant a snubbing?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
DevilFisch said:
And 10 of those 14 goals are on the power play.

THE DEVILS NEED A SCORER ON THE POWER PLAY.

Nittel is proving himself...well, at least in the AHL he is.

Vrana was also robbed. What happened to Vrana to warrant a snubbing?
Battling injuries this season and struggled offensivly in the QMJHL.

trickster

Maple Leaf Lane Forever
Mar 6, 2002
Leaf Nation
Roussin for Florida

Dany Roussin for Florida?

Rene Bourque - would he have been eligible for Chicago?

Beauchemin for Philly?

Khudobin for Minnesota?

Daniel Paille - was he on the list? Cant recall

Ryan Callahan for the Rangers?

These guys have all had a great deal of success this year - I would think that all of them are in their respective clubs top 10 prospects.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California

also...Tim Brent...

instead they picked Dustin Penner who is a long term project and Curtis Glencross who had a great pacific division rookie tournament but is having a difficult AHL rookie season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad