Prospect Info: THN Future Watch 2024 and Habs prospects

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Of course they read the list but I am sure they don't put a lot of credence in it (well maybe MB would have).. It's just one way to pump up a player that you may want to get rid of.

I don't even read their list lol and I know scouts who wouldn't ever even think of using THN for anything other than a firestarter

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
It’s that time of year again. My copy arrived this afternoon.

Historically, each teams top 10 prospect list would be chosen by an actual member of management..but I have no idea if that’s actually still the case this year. Brian Costello at THN confirmed this to me last year.

The “Top 100” list is created after a panel of NHL scouts and execs are polled about the top prospects in the game and what they are projected to be 5 and 10 years down the road.

Typically, if a player is considered an NHL regular at the time of publication, they aren’t eligible for Future Watch.

I can’t post the full list due to copyright and site rules, but I can post the top 15 for discussion purposes..

1. Matvei Michkov
2. Cutter Gauthier
3. Will Smith
4. Simon Edvinsson
5. Brandt Clarke
6. Juri Kulich
7. Jimmy Snuggerud
8. Yaroslav Askarov
9. Ryan Leonard
10. Dalibor Dvorsky
11. Jonathan Lekkerimaki
12. Gabe Perreault
13. David Reinbacher
14. Shane Wright
15. Axel Sandin-Pellikka

The Habs list for 2024:

1. David Reinbacher (13)
2. Lane Hutson (49)
3. Owen Beck (60)
4. Joshua Roy (83)
5. Filip Mesar (89)
6. Logan Mailloux
7. Jacob Fowler
8. Adam Engstrom
9. Sean Farrell
10. Jakus Dobes

Our boy Lane is still being doubted..Not a chance in hell are there 48 prospects in hockey better than him.
Even if you fellows don't like Kulich, imagine trade return on Kulich now? After WJC he had. He was best player in WJC. Paired with Jets pick for top 6 forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad