This Pittsburgh Penguins Act is Getting Old

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Last night, 6 on 5, Malkin stood at the blue line for 15 seconds with 30 seconds left in the game. He finally passed the puck 10 feet up the boards to a Penguin who promptly passed it back to Malkin.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I mean when he's not a point per game and still a liability defensively, that's not exactly what I'd call living up to an 8 figure AAV
well its not like he went off a cliff like Ovechkin or Carter

Last night, 6 on 5, Malkin stood at the blue line for 15 seconds with 30 seconds left in the game. He finally passed the puck 10 feet up the boards to a Penguin who promptly passed it back to Malkin.
let me guess Guentzal was the " Penguin"

AppreciateHockey

Dec 12, 2023
Crosby <-> Landeskog and throw in some picks to sweeten the deal if you want.
Even if Landeskog never plays again or something close to it. As the Penguins you got to do it for the Kid,

Its a pipedream, I know. I would just like to see Sid the Kid play with the Nate Dog before Sid's hair has become completely grey.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Sullivan is amazingly dug into the org. I mostly suspect it’s Crosby himself vouching for him but idk. He could have been fired years ago

Sullivan is amazingly dug into the org. I mostly suspect it’s Crosby himself vouching for him but idk. He could have been fired years

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
I don't know what some of you want?

I look at their bottom #9 and I wonder how their record is good as it is.

You have a geriatric Jeff Carter playing over 40 games, Noel Accairi isn't too far behind. Didn't realize Matt Nieto was still in the league.

You have Radim Zohorna and Jansen Harkins whom I am sure are a couple of made up players playing a 65 games between them.

Heck, they willingly signed Poolparty, that is how poor their depth is.

The reason they haven't fired Sullivan yet is that Dubas doesn't want the blame squarely on him because he knows Scotty Bowman in his prime couldn't make this turd roster a playoff contender.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I don't know what some of you want?

I look at their bottom #9 and I wonder how their record is good as it is.

You have a geriatric Jeff Carter playing over 40 games, Noel Accairi isn't too far behind. Didn't realize Matt Nieto was still in the league.

You have Radim Zohorna and Jansen Harkins whom I am sure are a couple of made up players playing a 65 games between them.

Heck, they willingly signed Poolparty, that is how poor their depth is.

The reason they haven't fired Sullivan yet is that Dubas doesn't want the blame squarely on him because he knows Scotty Bowman in his prime couldn't make this turd roster a playoff contender.
Hyperbowl

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm actually surprised Reilly Smith is doing as well as he has for the Pen's this year.
He was by far the worst player on Vegas against the Oilers last year.
Don't trade with Vegas is my recommendation. They're very good at insulating and identifying dead weight after it has served its purpose.

I wouldn't touch anyone Vegas is offering with a 10 foot pole because how they play for you will not be the same as how they play for Vegas.
How about Nick Suzuki over Cody Glass?

TeeTee

Apr 20, 2016
1. Trade Crosby to Colorado. He deserves to be playing in the playoffs with the effort he is still showing. Acquire Ritchie + Byram + whatever else in return + RyJo cap dump.

2. Sell everyone else with value and rebuild for two years, with the intent of bottoming out next year and picking up Misa or Hagens.

3. Sign Crosby out of free agency for 2-3 years, immediately slap the C back on his chest, and let the penultimate leader show the youth movement how it’s done while playing out his career on a team with actual potential and talent to support him.

It’s painfully obviously the right move for the Pens and the only external variable is the Avs, who surely would leap on the chance to have a still-elite Crosby maximize this window.

Drouin-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Landeskog-Crosby-Nichushkin
Lehkonen-Colton-Parise
Cogliano-Wood-O’Connor

Toews-Makar
Girard-Manson
Johnson-Malinski
I dont think you know what penultimate means.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
True......and Karlsson isnt all washed up. Poster was implying otherwise.

Are the people mad at Carlsson aware that Dubas dumped some horrible contracts in the Carlsson trade? If Carlsson is not here the Pens have other very poor contracts instead!

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
That poster was me.

I'm not implying he's washed up. I'm saying he's never not been a defensive liability
yea, he's really a fourth forward who gets his ass back in a hurray.

Are the people mad at Carlsson aware that Dubas dumped some horrible contracts in the Carlsson trade? If Carlsson is not here the Pens have other very poor contracts instead!
for sure. He cleaned up Hextall and Burkes mess. But then gave Graves a ridiculous contract. Over paid Jarry.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Their stars are still really good. It would be a fun team to watch sell them off for a rebuild. I’d love to see where Crosby, Mallon, Letang could go

Reactions: PaulD

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
They are an aging team that probably needed a rebuild 4 years ago. No management in the league will commit to that though with having legends like Crosby and Malkin even as they age so they resort to quick fixes and hope it works. Sullivan probably should have been gone a while ago as while but he won’t unless it’s under his decision.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad