Third round: #1 Halifax vs. #8 Rouyn-Noranda

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
What a game! And heck of a pass by Mack on the winner.

Also, can anyone weigh in on the quality of the ice in Rouyn? Seemed like a lot of people were falling/mishandling the puck for no reason.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Drouin was named CHL Player of the Week just before game 3, and Marty Frk won it in the first week of the playoffs.
So now if MacKinnon can win it, that would be the whole top line each having a turn as the CHL Player of the Week in the playoffs. What better way would there be to illustrate how good that line has been this year?

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
It's not been an easy series that's for sure. Give full credit to Rouyn-Noranda for keeping it close

Last night had everything to do with their goalie playing great and not so much about them keeping it close. You could see from the 2nd period of Game 2 that the Moose were starting to take over. The results aren't all that indicative to the play thus far.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Royun took the lead through Desjardins after 35 seconds, Halifax scored 7 seconds later than again just 25 seconds later. :laugh:

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
Fun series and exciting ending. Nice to see the Mooseheads heading to the finals.
Have any teams ever gone 16-0 on route to the Presidents Cup?

I'm not sure... but do you really want that? I don't. If we win the Finals, I want it to be at home! Nothing beats the feeling of your team winning it all on home ice! :yo:

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Nice. :)

Blainville/Drakkar are the biggest threats to Hfx by far so they’re doing us a favour by taking one of each other out. Remparts would be a good series, Quebec is the most well-rounded opponent but they are also worse in every single aspect of the game. Yet competitive in all. Huskies on the other hand will be the most entertaining, pond-hockey series but also Huskies have the worst chance of beating Hfx. All in my opinion of course. Huskies will be able to score, but they will bleed goals against.

Hfx in 4-5. Huskies will score a lot, more than any other team would. But they will bleed goals against. Meanwhile Broisbriand and Baie-Comeau will kill each other in a 6-7 game series hurting whoever win's chances of beating hfx, of which they will have the best.

So far so good. :)

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
I'm not sure... but do you really want that? I don't. If we win the Finals, I want it to be at home! Nothing beats the feeling of your team winning it all on home ice! :yo:

I would love to see them win at home, IF they lose any games... But I would rather them sweep. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad