Third round: #1 Halifax vs. #8 Rouyn-Noranda

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
Some fans you are... wishing the team loses for your own personal gain... terrible. :sarcasm:

With the sound the crowd made the last game I went too (February against Rimouski, we won in a shootout).. I can only imagine how loud we get if we got the win on home ice.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Agreed, are you MAD! I don't care when we lose it, but games 1 thru 4, we better lose one so we can take it in 5! Heck I'll take a game 7 for it all as long as it's on home ice!

I know I'm in the heavy minority. :) And I'm not on some silly moral high horse in the slightest or in disagreement with anyone who wants to see them win on home ice (that'd be awesome!). Maybe I am mad. :) I do want them to sweep though.

Fortunately (?) that isn't overly likely though.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Agreed, are you MAD! I don't care when we lose it, but games 1 thru 4, we better lose one so we can take it in 5! Heck I'll take a game 7 for it all as long as it's on home ice!

Agreed! My dad and I have had season tickets since I can remember and have waited a long time for this and so has the city. Would much rather have it at home and partake in some nice celebrations with the rest of the city after. :naughty:

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I know I'm in the heavy minority. :) And I'm not on some silly moral high horse in the slightest or in disagreement with anyone who wants to see them win on home ice (that'd be awesome!). Maybe I am mad. :) I do want them to sweep though.

Fortunately (?) that isn't overly likely though.

I'm mixed. Want a sweep for a 16-0 record (has that ever been done?) but I wouldn't mind winning at home. Don't want it to go past 5 games.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Series starts next Friday and Saturday, 7:00 start time. When would game 5 be? Probably the following Friday?

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Halifax Mooseheads ‏@HFXMooseheads 10h
We will be starting the finals at home Friday, May 3rd for Gm 1, Saturday, May 4th for Gm 2. More info will follow later today hopefully

Halifax Mooseheads ‏@HFXMooseheads 6h
Tickets for Game 1 (Fri May 3) and Game 2 (Sat May 4) of the President Cup Finals go on sale Tuesday, April 30th at 10am.

How long for sell-outs do you think? Under an hour?... Two weekend (no sundays) will make it different than last round at it will probably have similar demand to that of last years Rimouski Game 6.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
I'm mixed. Want a sweep for a 16-0 record (has that ever been done?) but I wouldn't mind winning at home. Don't want it to go past 5 games.

if im not mistaken lewiston did it like 6 years ago

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Nope. We'd be the first.... The chance to see us win on home ice is too much to pass up/hope for us to win all the games...

But then again we're cocky, so maybe it will go to 7 ;)

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
How long for sell-outs do you think? Under an hour?... Two weekend (no sundays) will make it different than last round at it will probably have similar demand to that of last years Rimouski Game 6.

I would go as low as 20 minutes before it sellouts. Those tickets will be in high high demand

KingKadri

Apr 26, 2013
Halifax
So glad I have Memorial Cup tickets. Halifax will be a treat to watch.

Ya they will finally get some real competition with Portland and London. The moose better pick their game up if they think they are going to beat those teams. If not they will be the next Lewiston Maineiacs

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Ya they will finally get some real competition with Portland and London. The moose better pick their game up if they think they are going to beat those teams. If not they will be the next Lewiston Maineiacs

You mean the #2 and #3 teams in the country will be better competition than any other teams we've faced this season? Wow, riveting insight.

And neither Portland nor London has faced the #1 team in the country who will be tougher competition than they've faced all year so how about we let them settle it on the ice rather than assuming or implying anything.

And London had Plymouth come back from a 4-0 defecit to tie it 4-4 in the game last night (even though London won it) so they aren't perfect defensively either.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I've heard it's supposed to start Thursday.

Thursday, Friday in Halifax; Sunday, Monday away; Wednesday home; Friday away; Sunday home.

I actually got the news on their site. It just only said games 1 and 2 so was curious on 5

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
if im not mistaken lewiston did it like 6 years ago

No they lost once. I think St John went 16-1 a couple years ago too
Nope. We'd be the first.... The chance to see us win on home ice is too much to pass up/hope for us to win all the games...

But then again we're cocky, so maybe it will go to 7 ;)

Really? No team in the CHL or just the Q? Regardless would be quite the feat

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
There are a couple teams that went 12-0. 1988 Windsor Spitfires and 1989 Kelowna Rockets (?)... thats when there were bye's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad