Friedman: Thinks Zadorov will price himself out of Vancouver.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
By 1 minute. And that's counting Myers, whose icetime is way down (in fact, he may be benched).
you watch the canucks enough to have strong opinions on how zadorov is playing in isolation and helping the team, but you think myers may have been benched?

this does not compute.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Does Zadorov think the game any better than Gudbranson though? IMO they are pretty close in what they provide.

He 100% does, joke with the Flames was Gudbranson owes a million to Sutter and a million to Zadorov each year.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
The NHL lacks top 4 D right now. There is not 128 defensemen that deserve top 4 time.

Makes guys like Zadarov valuable where they are on that fringe. If his #1 priority is money there is multiple teams that will sign him.

I wonder if he'd go to Montreal they need defensemen and to have a guy like him playing physical could really help out the young guys.

If Montreal wanted a veteran LD like him playing physical they would have not traded Edmundson last offseason. Montreal already has LD that are very comfortable playing physical.

RooBicks

Oct 12, 2020
you watch the canucks enough to have strong opinions on how zadorov is playing in isolation and helping the team, but you think myers may have been benched?

this does not compute.
Pardon? You think they hurried to get him back into the lineup after his injury given how they were performing without him? There was speculation that they were waiting for a drop off in the group's defensive performance before he was reinserted into the lineup, hence the comment. Perhaps "benched" was too strong. Point remains that, dollar for dollar (i.e., salaries equal), they would take Zadorov over Myers at this point and wouldn't look back.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Pardon? You think they hurried to get him back into the lineup after his injury given how they were performing without him? There was speculation that they were waiting for a drop off in the group's defensive performance before he was reinserted into the lineup, hence the comment. Perhaps "benched" was too strong. Point remains that, dollar for dollar (i.e., salaries equal), they would take Zadorov over Myers at this point and wouldn't look back.

yeah, benched was too strong.

Reactions: RooBicks

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
The NHL lacks top 4 D right now. There is not 128 defensemen that deserve top 4 time.

Makes guys like Zadarov valuable where they are on that fringe. If his #1 priority is money there is multiple teams that will sign him.

I wonder if he'd go to Montreal they need defensemen and to have a guy like him playing physical could really help out the young guys.
Matheson, Guhle, Xhekaj, Struble, Harris, Hutson, Engstrom, Trudeau all in the org on the left side, last thing they need really. Down for Tanev though if he reaches UFA

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto Media : Canucks signed Pettersson, we can't mess with them on that now, let's mess with Zadorov and Hronek instead for clicks

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
To me, Zadorov is a great #5 with a lot of positive characteristics you would want from a dman in that spot. Tough to price that out... You could argue that you could just plug a replacement level player into this slot and it won't affect your w/l record too much but maybe Zadorov's physicality helps in a playoff series?

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I'd pay him 3yrs x 5 mill. He has been good for us, but not good enough to get into a long term high dollar deal.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
He's only averaging 17 min per game, but boy he looks good in those minutes and brings an element Van desperately needs. I'd be willing to go as high as 5, which seems ridculous, especially with Soucy playing more and getting paid less. However, term is key and I feel like Zads is going to look for the longest term (and $) he can get, which would likley measn he signs elsewwhere. Still hoping for less than 5 for 4 years though.

Tanev can start signing one year deals with Van and take over for Cole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad