Things that will happen on 2006 draft day

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Tjardus Greidanus said:
free falling Kessel?

Have any of you actually watched him play?

no i still think he is the best forward in the draft but that doesn't mean teams do and i figure that Iss and Mckeens know more about what teams are likely to do than me.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Edmonton picks up Joensuu with the Niinimaki compensation pick, ending up with another Rob Schremp player

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
insider said:
Edmonton picks up Joensuu with the Niinimaki compensation pick, ending up with another Rob Schremp player
In fact, I could see someone picking Joensuu in the late first... Maybe Dallas?

Pilot

Aug 2, 2005
Obviously, I didn't mean the Leafs would move all four of those young defensemen ...

But I guess I didn't clearly state that .... fixed now though.

X0ssbar

fullmetalninja said:
Chicago's draft Board matches The Hockey News pick for pick....

-fullmetalninja

I don't know whether to :biglaugh: or :cry: at this post.

Haute Couture

Feb 27, 2002
Bay of Pigs
Visit site
1. No Russian will be drafted in the first round, even though there are a couple of worthy ones (Alexandrov, Vasyunov, Zharkov) - the transfer agreement isn't signed.

2. Carl Sneep and David Fischer (two HS defensemen) will be picked in the first round and higher than expected, too, with stupid HF fans going: "whaaaaa?"

3. Michael Frolik will fall out of top 10.

4. Nigel Williams will fall to latter rounds.

5. As much as all of us love them, no Bertuzzi-like trades will happen, PERIOD, and especially not with top 5 picks involved.

6. Erik Johnson is gonna go to St. Louis as a replacement for Pronger.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
SPORTSMANIAC said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see NYR trade Al Montoya for a top 15 pick maybe LA.

I wouldn't be really surprised either way with that. On one hand it could make sense if they really believe in Lundqvist (and it could depend on his playoff performance) but on the other, they may not want to trade their only goalie prospect at this point.

I definatly think the Rangers will be trying to trade up however, and can see them using some of their prospects to do so. Hartford is going to be a huge logjam next year, so it wouldn't surprise me to see some moves made to clear things up a little

MattyW

Jul 28, 2005
Strong Island
In a dramatic twist of fate, The Islanders announce they have re-hired Milke Milbury as the GM right before the draft begins. Mike promptly rushes up to the podium and annoucnes the Isles have traded Rick DiPietro to the Phoenix Coyotes for Oleg Kvasha. The Isles draft Leland Irving with the 7th pick.

Afterwards, Milbury tells reports, "If this doesn't work, then off with my head."

:cry:

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
The Blues 2nd 1st rounder will be someone no one has ever heard or projected to be a late 2nd rounder.

The Blues will also trade Brewer for help at forward.

Phoenix will make an odd move that will have everyone scratching their heads.

Pitt will take Kessel w/ the 2nd overall pick. They will then have an elite russian, elite Canadian, and a great American.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Canucks will try and trade up for a top 6 pick. They will possibly trade Bertuzzi and or Morrison, along with their first round pick, and try to go after Staal.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
xtra said:
1. The canucks make a move up in the draft(involving their first rounder)

2. The Canucks make another trade that doesn't involve their first rounder

3. The Bruins Stay Put and Grab the Free Falling Phil Kessel

4. The Blues move down as a bidding war begins between Washington, Pittsburgh and Columbus for the first ov pick and the right to draft Johnson

5. Atlanta Trashers move down in the draft

6. Los Angles goes off the board a bit and grabs Bernier(goalie)

7. If Columbus loses out on E.J. they switch picks with Minnesota who grabs Okposo

8. Bryan Little falls to the Devils where ever they pick

9. Toronto grabs Ty Wishart

10. Tlusty falls out of the top 15 or goes top 7

Toronto will not pick Wishart we need scoring forwards to go along with our play makers, look for them to grab a guy like Tlustly, Sheppard,Little and possibly Frolik if he falls

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad