Post-Game Talk (GBU): They blue it

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Moulson has earned a lot more criticism than he's received so far this year.

This board has a habit of piling on certain players, overly criticizing their bad plays, and ignoring the good ones.

And no, I'm not either a Gionta or Ennis fan. Ennis, in particular, needs to step his game up.

He has. Ennis and Girgensons have, too. All three deserve it. But it clearly hasn't been to the level of criticism Gio has received.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Ennis is leaving a lot to be desired from a team play standpoint, he's not doing his linemates any favors with the turnovers and the puck hogging... but he's still producing at least. 0.58 PPG isn't far off from where he usually sits. I think he really just needs a good talking to from the coaching staff about what he should be doing out there and his role with his linemates. He's spent too many years on record-settingly bad teams where he legitimately had to do it all himself... I'm cutting him some slack as far as learning how to play on a team again, and in a system.

But even if you hate Ennis and you think he'll never get better, he's been relegated to the third line... so you got your wish. Gionta however is being given a primo spot and tons of ice time with one of the teams most productive centers (on the ice and on the scoresheet) and still can't get it together. And he doesn't even have time/age on his side anymore.

And I just don't know what to do about Moulson, but get him away from ROR at least. :laugh:

Last edited:

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Moulson has earned a lot more criticism than he's received so far this year.

This board has a habit of piling on certain players, overly criticizing their bad plays, and ignoring the good ones.

And no, I'm not either a Gionta or Ennis fan. Ennis, in particular, needs to step his game up.

Same with last year, but the dog house was full :laugh:

But yeah, you've got the mob mentality around here nailed - pile on, pick out every flaw, shrug off the good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad