Therrien - Too Little, Too Late Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
He will try everything he can to get top 6 help. But like I said, if they start the season 2-8-1, MT is gone. The pressure will be ridiculous.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Still, it feels good to see the French media jump in.

I'm not sure Bergevin and Therrien realize how short a leash MT will have next season before the whole MTL sports media ask for his head.

It is nice to see the French media finally using their heads, on RDS this afternoon they speculated whether desharnais would have a spot next year.

But giving Therrien another season start is ridiculous. Is he really the best coach the Habs can get? Bergy doubled down on him in January, then just watched while the season slipped away. Can we afford to waste even more time? Is there no urgency? Next season may be Price's last full season with the Habs, he'll likely be traded at the following deadline if he decides to go to free agency. Frankly I would not blame him for declining to "Carey the Coach" and trying to win a Stanley Cup instead.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Them missing the playoffs next year gets him fired.

Though bergevin won't like it, molson won't allow 2 back to back years of no revenue.

Bergevin, himself, in order to keep his job, will pay the executioner. AND it won't wait until the team misses the playoffs again. By the end of November, latest, if the team looks to be at risk of clawing its way into the playoffs, Therrien will get the ejection seat treatment.

Only makes sense. More so in a pressure-cooker market like Montreal! Even Molson will get pressure from his partners, Bell being the first one. Molson is a representative of a consortium of buyers. The three Molson brothers didn't pony up over 500 Million strictly from their own pockets to buy the team.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
It is nice to see the French media finally using their heads, on RDS this afternoon they speculated whether desharnais would have a spot next year.

But giving Therrien another season start is ridiculous. Is he really the best coach the Habs can get? Bergy doubled down on him in January, then just watched while the season slipped away. Can we afford to waste even more time? Is there no urgency? Next season may be Price's last full season with the Habs, he'll likely be traded at the following deadline if he decides to go to free agency. Frankly I would not blame him for declining to "Carey the Coach" and trying to win a Stanley Cup instead.

I think Desharnais has a role on this team. Its not as big of a role as it has been in the past, but he's good enough to use as a depth scoring option, and if injuries strike Alex or Pleks he should be decent enough to fill in on a short term basis. Longer term injuries you'd obviously want to acquire somebody better though.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
He will try everything he can to get top 6 help. But like I said, if they start the season 2-8-1, MT is gone. The pressure will be ridiculous.

If they lose their season opener the pressure will be ridiculous. I don't think we even need a 2-8-1 stretch or anything like it. I honestly think if we are sitting outside of a playoff spot on November 1st, or if it even becomes apparent that we will be, Therrien is gone.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
R69Hc8P.png

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Gagnon and Carbo are destroying Therrien on l'Antichambre right now.
They seemed to support him all year, when they thought we would still make da playoff.................then April hit, and reality crept in, and boom no playoff..............

About time the franco media held this clown accountable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad