Therrien - Too Little, Too Late Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yep. And when MT soils the bed at the next sign of adversity the only available coaches will be Benoit Groulx, Pascal Vincent and Sly LeFailure.

Guess which one gets hired?

Might be easier to sign a successor head coach in waiting, given that the AHL team will be playing in Laval in September 2017. If they could only grow some balls and fire Sly, might be the beginning of something.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Yeah right...you do realize we offered Panarin more money than the Hawks right? What a bum that guy.

And Sekac a disaster? How was he a disaster? A free NHLer, how is that a disaster? Such a disaster that Az, Ana and Chi all thought he was worth a shot. Are we retaining money on him? Did we lock him up long term? No, we got an asset for him.

Panarin would have been glued to the the third line all season with no PP time and then traded for scraps at the deadline, because Therrien.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Panarin would have been glued to the the third line all season with no PP time and then traded for scraps at the deadline, because Therrien.

Not true at all, he's just way too good, would have succeeded anywhere. Sure, he wouldn't have 75 points without Kane but I think he could've easily scored 20+30. He's alright defensively and responsible with the puck, I don't see why MT wouldn't like him, his one timer is absolutely lethal, he's extremely strong on the puck, he can dangle in a phonebooth, top notch skill and vision, I think he's just as good as any forward we have right now, he's in the same category as Patch and Chucky.

He, Kuznetsov and Tarasenko beat Canada in the WJC pretty much on their own, he dominated the KHL, the Worlds, he's just a star, people will realize it eventually. If you actually watch the games you'll see he helps Kane nearly just as much Kane helps him.

Btw just a funfact but Panarin has 13 pts in his last 5 games.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

You have to get opportunities in order to prove yourself, I would agree that just like most players who have had to fight an uphill battle for TOI, whoever comes in for a slice, would have to overcome Therrien's propensity and bias toward his favorites. And if you don't get any ice time or so little of it, you're going to end up like Galchenyuk this year -- you're only going to get a full opportunity to strut your stuff when a favorite like DD is down for a significant period of time on account of injury.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Seriously a guy like Panarin would have been benched after the first mistake he made and would be watching from the press box while Flynn is takng his place on the ice.

I have no faith with this coaching staff.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Not true at all, he's just way too good, would have succeeded anywhere. Sure, he wouldn't have 75 points without Kane but I think he could've easily scored 20+30. He's alright defensively and responsible with the puck, I don't see why MT wouldn't like him, his one timer is absolutely lethal, he's extremely strong on the puck, he can dangle in a phonebooth, top notch skill and vision, I think he's just as good as any forward we have right now, he's in the same category as Patch and Chucky.

He, Kuznetsov and Tarasenko beat Canada in the WJC pretty much on their own, he dominated the KHL, the Worlds, he's just a star, people will realize it eventually. If you actually watch the games you'll see he helps Kane nearly just as much Kane helps him.

Panarin would've had to learn the north American game and progress as a human being and as a hockey player before playing anywhere other than the bottom 6 under MT. He would make a couple mistakes/turnovers and would get benched every time and most probably sit in the press box a few times as well. This would lead to his confidence dropping and then he would never be placed in a position to to regain said confidence.

MT wouldn't have liked him and he would have flopped here. Great move on his agent's part.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If this guy wants a legit shot at playing and staying in the NHL he needs to stay far away from MT and the Habs. :nod:

If another KHLer ends up here, it will be by default. Of course, playing on any NHL team is better than the KHL on so many levels, however, if they end up here it's only because the other 29 teams have not expressed enough interest first.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Chill out guys it's because of the injuries we didn't make the playoffs. A few laughs here and there by "Mononcle" Michel and "Mononcle" Marc during the pre-season golf tournament in September and all will be forgotten.

Da Carey will save everybody's job and everything will be back to normal.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Might be easier to sign a successor head coach in waiting, given that the AHL team will be playing in Laval in September 2017. If they could only grow some balls and fire Sly, might be the beginning of something.

They need to fire him? I was under the impression that they could just let his current contract expire and that would be enough to get a new coach in St-Johns.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They need to fire him? I was under the impression that they could just let his current contract expire and that would be enough to get a new coach in St-Johns.

Does his contract expire this year? Does it matter?

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Let's hope he doesn't read this forum. Any other fan base would be happy to sign a talented player without giving up a thing.

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
So

Leafs : Babcock
Bruins : Boucher
Sens : Julien

(mod)

No.

Rumblings that Nate Leaman will be the man to replace Julien in Boston.

I can see Julien then going to Ottawa though.

Boucher? I think people overrate him here.

The one guy to keep an eye on is Hitchcock. If the Blues lose yet again to Chicago in round 1, it is almost a given he is gone. If he still wants to coach, he will easily get another job. Would love it to be in Montreal, but I give it a 1% chance. Language issue.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The word I read to describe this management is arrogance. So true.

It looks like arrogance but it's actually ignorance and he has given us 4 years of that. People think Bergevin is talking in a condescending manner, he actually isn't, he is not an articulate speaker and relatively uneducated and the persona I see is jock/tenth grade education and he looks uncomfortable in the times I have watched him. His flashy clothes(many do not like:laugh:) and fancy hair cut are a means to look the part but he in his actions as our GM have shown a poseur in a GMs position. The prerequisite of being a GM for the Canadiens is the real reason he has a job. he is simply in over his head and eventually it will be his undoing.

The Simpsons clip that Whiskey 7 put up this week was an awesome take on everything that has happened with Bergevin. One more year is what I predict for him and I do not expect any major change, no haircut, no clothes no players, just more looking the part but proving otherwise.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Let's hope he doesn't read this forum. Any other fan base would be happy to sign a talented player without giving up a thing.

The fans would probably love to add him to the Habs but the fans aren't the problem and have no say in the matter. The guy behind the bench and how he uses certain players is the problem.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
No.

The one guy to keep an eye on is Hitchcock. If the Blues lose yet again to Chicago in round 1, it is almost a given he is gone. If he still wants to coach, he will easily get another job. Would love it to be in Montreal, but I give it a 1% chance. Language issue.

Hitchcock, the guy who can't get a stacked team out of the 1st round? Why would you want another dinosaur? I don't care that he can't speak French, he's in the same era as Therrien.. these guys are hanging on past success in an era that is entirely different. They all suck

walsy37

Jul 12, 2006
No.

I certainly hope Nate doesn't leave Providence. As an alum the last few years have been my sole hockey relief from the buffoon in chief and BargainBin.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Yeah right...you do realize we offered Panarin more money than the Hawks right? What a bum that guy.

And Sekac a disaster? How was he a disaster? A free NHLer, how is that a disaster? Such a disaster that Az, Ana and Chi all thought he was worth a shot. Are we retaining money on him? Did we lock him up long term? No, we got an asset for him.

We did at that. Up to there, great!

Then we pissed away that cheap asset. Not so great.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
MT's doghouse, where offensive players go to die.........does it matter who we sign, if the system we play sucks, and our PP sucks?

We could turn Crosby into a grinder...no fancy just grind damn it...;)

Our system does not suck. We were near the top in goals scored while our five-man units worked well up to early December.

Our PP has sucked at times, though.

Incidentally, at no time during his Pittsburgh days did Therrien try to make Crosby into a grinder. Sometimes people here go over the top. I must have told them a million times not to exaggerate!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Everybody offered Panarin more than the Hawks.

TouzY

Dec 1, 2014
Quebec

Panarin would've had to learn the north American game and progress as a human being and as a hockey player before playing anywhere other than the bottom 6 under MT. He would make a couple mistakes/turnovers and would get benched every time and most probably sit in the press box a few times as well. This would lead to his confidence dropping and then he would never be placed in a position to to regain said confidence.

MT wouldn't have liked him and he would have flopped here. Great move on his agent's part.

The Nightman is right, MT would have flopped Panarin, no way Parnarin would have PP time over Desharnais, Byron, Mitchell, Etc...

How can a "NHL" "coach" place Chucky on the second and third all seasons with no good wingers and take credit for Chucky's points in the last 2 months ... MT has no hockey sense, he has the feel for favorites and thats about it. He has a horrible old mentality we need a coach who understands hockey and where it stand and what it takes to win in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad