THERE'S GUTS ALL OVER THE PLACE

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
because it's local, literally no one outside of Colorado will hear it (except for this one clip), frankly I'd be annoyed if my local radio commentators WEREN'T rooting for my hometown team.
I'd be happy if My local commentator wasn't biased. I always complain when a commentator Is biased.

kitsel

Mar 31, 2012
As an Avs fan living in California, I usually have to listen to the radio broadcasts. I'll be the first to admit Moser is awful - he's so overly animated that it's impossible to tell what scoring chances are real, whether the no call he's whining about is as egregious as he thinks it is (it usually isn't) or even really get a feel for how the game is going at all.

HOWEVER. This is hilarious. This is a guy having fun calling a team that no one expected to be here and might not be here much longer do some absolutely incredible and unexpected things. Relax and let the local radio guy have fun with me and the other 8 people that listen to him on a regular basis.

KingBilly

Oct 18, 2008
The correct opinion, if I may say so, is that it is fine for a regional/local broadcast to be emotionally biased, as in favoring an outcome, but not to be biased in terms of objective playcalling. It's one thing to sound happier when your team scores, but another to say obvious penalties aren't penalties, or sound obviously biased about an offsides or kicked in puck review or whatever.

Some people actually like hearing games called by commentators they feel are on their side. But that doesn't mean what's a penalty and what isn't should change.

Reactions: Steerpike

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
When Darryl Reaugh in Dallas describes a playoff OT loss as feeling like "a rusty ... skate boot ... to the testicles" or responds to a Sergei Zubov goal by just screaming "OH MAN!!!" there's an honest sort of stream-of-consciousness vibe to it.

This is just dumb. You can't be memorable by trying to be memorable.

wtf do you expect on a LOCAL radio broadcast
There are better ways to describe what I assume was a big comeback than by saying everyone has two pancreases. That makes no sense.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
That was AWESOME! Don't care what you say. Reminds me of Peter Maher.

Reactions: BHD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad