Half-Assed GDT: There's a game today (warning: dispiriting gifs inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

timtindall

May 10, 2013
st. louis
Well, good news The Blues kept fighting. Bad news, we lost. Good news the Bruins win messes with the Red Wings. Bad news, the loss messes with our chances with winning the division and conference.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Tough to lose 6-5 but the Bruins are a desperate team, oh well.

We have two winnable games coming up against Colorado and Arizona, while Dallas has the Kings and Ducks so... not over yet.

FrontYardSpecial

Jan 22, 2014
Glad to see some fight from the Blues towards the end. Not super bummed about the loss. They were due for a stinker.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
29e.jpg

That is all.

BlueMagic

Oct 19, 2014
I don't really mind this loss. Blues stil showed a lot of good things tonight. If the Blues had won every remains game of the season I'd be even more paranoid heading into the playoffs than I already am.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
game was lost on the 4th goal. hitch too slow to pull elliott tonight. team needed a wakeup call before more damage was done, which it was.

move on to the next one but if elliott struggles again, then you give allen the PHX and CHI games.

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
Scoring 5 goals and losing still seems like a successful night even if it was wasted goals in the standings race. Going down 4 goals shouldn't be a game you win but they got damn close to saving it.

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
game was lost on the 4th goal. hitch too slow to pull elliott tonight. team needed a wakeup call before more damage was done, which it was.

move on to the next one but if elliott struggles again, then you give allen the PHX and CHI games.

What if Allen struggles again? Does he still get the injury excuse that Elliott totally bypassed with 3 shutouts?

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016

Agree with this. Had the trip been called they would not have scored that fourth goal. Gotta give our guys credit for hanging in there and catching back up. Elliott had a bad night, and we played a poor possession game for 2/3rds of the game. Yet, we still managed to finish with 5 goals. The real bummer about last night is that winning the Central is probably out of reach now. We also run a really bad chance of letting Chicago catch us in the standings and going into the playoffs in 3rd place. Our game with Chicago will be crucial. I foresee whoever wins that game going into the playoffs as the 2nd seed. Not that home ice advantage has ever meant much for us anyway.

Burynai

Nov 10, 2010
St. Louis
Agree with this. Had the trip been called they would not have scored that fourth goal. Gotta give our guys credit for hanging in there and catching back up. Elliott had a bad night, and we played a poor possession game for 2/3rds of the game. Yet, we still managed to finish with 5 goals. The real bummer about last night is that winning the Central is probably out of reach now. We also run a really bad chance of letting Chicago catch us in the standings and going into the playoffs in 3rd place. Our game with Chicago will be crucial. I foresee whoever wins that game going into the playoffs as the 2nd seed. Not that home ice advantage has ever meant much for us anyway.

Still going to be tough for CHI. Blues should be able to take care of business against COL and ARI

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

Dallas are playing LA and Anaheim tonight and tomorrow, so we could find ourselves right back in it if we beat Colorado.

Equally, Dallas could clinch the #1 seed tomorrow night...

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Right. I know it is still technically possible, I was just thinking that Dallas has been up to the test the last few games and seem to have stepped up their game to win the conference. I certainly think that we are capable of winning 3/4 or maybe even all of our last games, but I think hoping for Dallas to lose 3 of their last 4 is stretching it with how they've answered the challenge here at the end.

trevorftw

Voice of Reason
Sep 7, 2009
Saint Louis
My takeaway:

Krecji dominated Edmundson. He's looked good with Petro in previous games, but this was a game where Bouwmeester could have been the difference maker.

Way to show some effort against adversity, Blues! and we score with the goalie pulled? This is progress.

We all thought Hitch should have pulled Elliott sooner. He was clearly pissed off, and when he gets emotional, his play deteriorates. I have no idea why Hitch didn't pull him. The only thing I can think of is the one game this season that Hitch pulled him after a goal and he flipped out in the hallway, smashing his stick on the wall. If that affected Hitch's decision to pull him though, he's a total pushover.

I miss Fabbri.:(

Overall, an entertaining loss. It doesn't deflate my hope that the blues can do something in the postseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig