Half-Assed GDT: There's a game today (warning: dispiriting gifs inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
My takeaway:

Krecji dominated Edmundson. He's looked good with Petro in previous games, but this was a game where Bouwmeester could have been the difference maker.

Way to show some effort against adversity, Blues! and we score with the goalie pulled? This is progress.

We all thought Hitch should have pulled Elliott sooner. He was clearly pissed off, and when he gets emotional, his play deteriorates. I have no idea why Hitch didn't pull him. The only thing I can think of is the one game this season that Hitch pulled him after a goal and he flipped out in the hallway, smashing his stick on the wall. If that affected Hitch's decision to pull him though, he's a total pushover.

I miss Fabbri.:(

Overall, an entertaining loss. It doesn't deflate my hope that the blues can do something in the postseason.

Both Fabbri and Schwartz are difference makers. After Fabbri got integrated into The Blues' team as a contributor to the offence, compare The Blues' won/lost record with and without each in the lineup. Either one being out essentially means that The Blues only have 2 effective scoring lines, as opposed to three. The Blues need all Top 0 forwards healthy for the playoffs. Otherwise Jaškin or Pääjärvi drag down the 3rd Line, drastically hurting their scoring potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad