Post-Game Talk: There’s something in the water … and it’s quenched our thirst!

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Man...this team is really making a habit of starting slow.
They gave up 3 freaking breakaways in the first period. Brutal.
Being down a couple of goals doesnt seem to matter.
Skinner says...no more...and the boys go to work.
They sure closed well too. I dont think Seattle got a shot after the 12 minute mark of the 3rd period.

Next up 13.
They absolutely cant have the Flames end this win streak.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I have to give some props to Connor Brown. I thought he was fantastic on the PK. He was really flying out there and was a big reason we didn't give up a PP goal. Would like to see him pot a goal, and unfortunate that he couldn't get an ENG. I think he has been helping this team win, but the way he's been helping us doesn't show in the goals and assists column.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I have to give some props to Connor Brown. I thought he was fantastic on the PK. He was really flying out there and was a big reason we didn't give up a PP goal. Would like to see him pot a goal, and unfortunate that he couldn't get an ENG. I think he has been helping this team win, but the way he's been helping us doesn't show in the goals and assists column.
He’s a prime candidate to have a Peca like playoff run for this team. Peca had a craptacular regular season too, and IIRC his cap hit was 4M too…

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
"Nah, I don't usually drink much but I have thish thing when the Oil go on win shtreaks longer than three games, before every game I drink as many beers as the current streak and...well things are rolling...I've lost my job and family but the boys keep winning so it's all good...I had fried calamari with the beer before last game."

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

He’s a prime candidate to have a Peca like playoff run for this team. Peca had a craptacular regular season too, and IIRC his cap hit was 4M too…

There’s flashes of impactful hockey in his game that are noticeable. Just nothing is going in for him. If that ever normalizes in a big way and he gets hot, look out.

EnufAlready

Dec 31, 2021
I only watched the first two periods. Leo was playing like he cared. Hadnt seen that in a long time. He was unstoppable!

Reactions: Duke74

WEMCHUD

Oct 28, 2014
While peca's season definitely wasn't his best here, .32ppg vs .08ppg is a fairly sizeable gap imo, especially as it seems scoring is up compared to back then and Peca managed to put up 9 goals during the regular season.

Big win!! Wonder how long they can keep the streak up!!

Reactions: Kerberos

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
The great thing about this streak is McDavid hasn't had to carry the team on his back every game. He's honestly been quite average at times and even had bad games through out this but it hasn't mattered. Others are stepping up which is the sign of a good team. They absolutely dominated in the third and I don't think Seattle even got a shot in the final 8 minutes. I wish this streak was the playoffs though as the team would have been in the finals now with their 12th win in a row. lol. We can only hope once April rolls around.

Evilsports

Aug 18, 2015
I agree. I came here to say this specifically.

I'm not mad at Brown, at all.

Lehnerd Skinnerd

Sponsor
Feb 10, 2008
Thunder Bay, ON
Never doubted them. Down 2-0, easy money.

Attachments

• IMG_5544.png
    IMG_5544.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 1

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Stupid response lol coach should care because next game a poor start will cost them lol
It's not, it's a response to a statement made to denigrate the 12th win in a row, by a person who has "consistent" motives to their posts.

It's certainly not ideal, and it could cost them, but is shows how strong the resolve is on this team and how good they're playing when the stick to their game.

If they were nothing but leading in all these games you would complain that they haven't faced adversity.

Other posters get to have this be a point of conversation, you get deserved grief.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
It's not, it's a response to a statement made to denigrate the 12th win in a row, by a person who has "consistent" motives to their posts.

It's certainly not ideal, and it could cost them, but is shows how strong the resolve is on this team and how good they're playing when the stick to their game.

If they were nothing but leading in all these games you would complain that they haven't faced adversity.

Other posters get to have this be a point of conversation, you get deserved grief.
Lol get some emotional help lol you sound like a child lol I have been a fan much longer than you I am sure and went to their games during the 80's and. Supported them. I have more right to give my opinion or critique that an emotional child on a fan forum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad