The Worst player since the last lockout(04-05) for the Leafs?

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
:laugh:

But that's when the classic posts happen.

I know my logic level is usually impared or should I say lowered by that time.

You should definitely say "lowered" rather than "impared". "Impaired" would be a different story.

No, I'm not a spelling/grammar police agent, but you did rag on me for my "too" rather than "two".

I'm still :blush: for that one.

;)

Apr 1, 2010
You should definitely say "lowered" rather than "impared". "Impaired" would be a different story.

No, I'm not a spelling/grammar police agent, but you did rag on me for my "too" rather than "two".

I'm still :blush: for that one.

;)

YA that was funny.

To Too TWO and There they're their are fun ones to pick on.

Ya you got me. Paring down my logic might be painful. Impairing my logic might be fun.

I try not to be too much of a grammar nazi. My mild dyslexia has me rechecking almost every post.

I get a lot of ot instead of to, and hte instead of the, etc.

So I try to relax. BUt some are just two good too pass up. :p::D

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
YA that was funny.

To Too TWO and There they're their are fun ones to pick on.

Ya you got me. Paring down my logic might be painful. Impairing my logic might be fun.

I try not to be too much of a grammar nazi. My mild dyslexia has me rechecking almost every post.

I get a lot of ot instead of to, and hte instead of the, etc.

So I try to relax. BUt some are just two good too pass up. :p::D

Nothing wrong about a little spelling/grammar policing, as long as it brings a smile, as you did and I tried to do, with no malice/humiliation.

Apr 1, 2010
Nothing wrong about a little spelling/grammar policing, as long as it brings a smile, as you did and I tried to do, with no malice/humiliation.

Exactly. I know I hit a tonne of wrong keys when typing and English is such a silly language, unless it is earned I really try to not pick on a few grammar errors.

I'm not perfect. Don't expect anyone else to be.

I even told my GR 11 english teacher that her class wqas nothing but a bunch of BS with your periods and commas in the right place!

She thought for a second and AGREED with me! :laugh:

I know people judge you by your grammar but it is easy to tell if someone is intelligent but a poor speller or an excellent speller(spellcheck user) with a grade 6 education.

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Exactly. I know I hit a tonne of wrong keys when typing and English is such a silly language, unless it is earned I really try to not pick on a few grammar errors.

I'm not perfect. Don't expect anyone else to be.

I even told my GR 11 english teacher that her class wqas nothing but a bunch of BS with your periods and commas in the right place!

She thought for a second and AGREED with me! :laugh:

I know people judge you by your grammar but it is easy to tell if someone is intelligent but a poor speller or an excellent speller(spellcheck user) with a grade 6 education.

Hopefully I won't appear elitist by stating that you must be proud of your language and respectful of it.

English is not even my first language...

But I'm trying my best to be respectful.

And it's quite disconcerting and difficult to read someone who has no grammatical/punctuation/spelling sense.

It's unfortunately easy sometimes to pay no attention to a very valid message because of a very poor form.

Apr 1, 2010
Hopefully I won't appear elitist by stating that you must be proud of your language and respectful of it.

English is not even my first language...

But I'm trying my best to be respectful.

And it's quite disconcerting and difficult to read someone who has no grammatical/punctuation/spelling sense.

It's unfortunately easy sometimes to pay no attention to a very valid message because of a very poor form.

I have seen you post that before.

Bon Jour. Comme on ca va.

Je parle un petit peu de Francais.

C'est la Vie.

I once told my mom's boyfriends mother who was fully french to "have a nice umbrella" or some thing. ":laugh:

after saying I spoke a little french this girl says something to me. I asked her if she had just insulted me?

She had said "Voulez vous couchez avec moi se soir?" and I got "couchez" mixed up with "couchon"(pig right?) Lmao. That kind of killed the mood.

Sometimes I just don't care about puctuation or capitals. Didn't realise how it messes up people who speak english as a second language.

I don 't speak french good enough to regularly post, or more specifically read the other posts, on a french language board, so I never thought about how difficult it must be.

YOu do a damned good job at it.

I hope you are getting paid for bilingualism.

hockeyfanz*

Love the mats sundin fans. All I have to say is "I don't want to be a rental player"

Nice how you excuse every freaking lie and mistruth spoken by our beloved GM..oh he didnt mean what he said...oh he is allowed to change his mind.....oh he is a man of principle.....oh you should really not take every word as truth........but the man who brought you 10+ years of his outstanding career in the blue and white...not allowed to change his mind...not allowed to not mean what he had said. Hahahahahaha...Burkite. Let me support the loud mouth man who has proven nothing and as far as I can tell given nothing to this organization. Nothing of value anyway.

I have way more respect for an athlete of Mats Sundins' calibre than some fat old exec who hasn't done squat for this organization other than spin the proverbial tires.

donkeyy0

May 31, 2011
Hollewegg was awful. No way people can call Hanson the worst leaf since the lockout...

XLB or Hollewegg probably the worst by my recollection. But im sure im missing some guys

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Hanson was actually a pretty decent role player who could grind and pot a few goals. He just didnt have the drive to stay in the NHL and let himself fade away from the league.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Has anyone mentioned Simon Gamache yet?

I'm a little disappointed in the rules here, though. It should be restricted to players who played at least one full season (60+ games) with the Leafs, not these 10-25 game wonders. Under those rules, I think Jeff Finger gets my vote.

s1r0ky

Mr. Optimistic
Oct 2, 2010
Toronto

Video 1: That was a bad mistake.

Video 2: I saw him take out the puck carrier once he entered the zone and then go to the front of his net to clear out more players. Unfortunately, the puck hit him and went in. It happens a lot.

Video 3: Phaneuf ran into him. Again, it happens.

Video 4: I see a guy not backing down from a fight and willing to take a few punches from Boston's toughest player in an attempt to spark his team when they are down.

You have just proven that Mike Komisarek does not belong on this list.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
No one mentioned RICHARD WALLIN?!?!

Nope. I don't even know who that is. I guess I haven't watched enough Leaf games the past few years.

Many have mentioned a Rickard Wallin, though. Interesting that they're so similarly hated. :laugh:

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
(...)
after saying I spoke a little french this girl says something to me. I asked her if she had just insulted me?

(1) She had said "Voulez vous couchez avec moi se soir?" and I got "couchez" mixed up with "couchon"(pig right?) Lmao. That kind of killed the mood.

Sometimes I just don't care about puctuation or capitals. Didn't realise how it messes up people who speak english as a second language.

(...)

(2) I hope you are getting paid for bilingualism.

(1) It's actually "cochon", but had she said "Voulez-vous cochonnez-moi avec moi?", you would probably have ended up better as she would have asked you if you wanted to get dirty with her...

(2) I was during my career, all of $800 per year...

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Toskala, Hollweg, Wallin, Mitchell, Joseph

Lebda,Perrott

take your pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad