Speculation: The Wings are interested in Horvat

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Veleno + Zadina + 2024 1st for Horvat (with extension in place after he lands in DET) + Garland (cap dump).
Zadina + Hronek is an ongoing joke, though with Hronek playing better it may wind up being a real thing. Stevie isn't taking a long term cap dump considering the team is already saddled with Chiarot and Copp. Not enough value in what you're proposing.

If Horvat signs first (which I don't think he will), it'll be something like:
Raz + Hronek + 2024 1st + Zadina (throw in, no value) for Horvat + 2024 3rd

I don't see Stevie trading away this year's pick either. I also think it'll be a moot point because Horvat won't sign an extension (my guess).

Edit: Multiple sources have said they are looking for RHD and center. They are not gonna want Lindstrom, so any trade will have to include Hronek.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Veleno and Hronek works for me if they want a young roster C and D. As long as Hronek promises to never activate his mustache super powers ever again. Don't want to give up even a protected first.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Call me crazy but I don’t like the idea of trading Veleno. He’s looked realgud for the last 25 games as he’s gotten more ice.

Veleno looks really good and he looks like he'll be that stud third line center you have on a contending team but Horvat probably has as many goals already this year as Veleno will this year and next combined. Theyre a different caliber of player and the stuff Veleno does that you like are all things Horvat does, hes just better.

Trading Rasmussen makes me a lot more nervous than Veleno. Ras is finally figuring it out and if that 6'6 body takes another step, he looks like he could become a player. Hes had a couple toe drags the last 2 games that he hasnt even attempted his entire career. Horvat is really good, so if Ras goes so be it, but I would trade Veleno before him

Roy S

May 16, 2009
Hronek, Veleno, Zadina and a top 2 protected 2024 1st for Horvat is probably around what it would be. Plus, Horvat would have to sign with the Wings immediately or have some general agreement in place to do it.

I could see Yzerman going for it.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Unless they are pieces we wouldn't miss anyway, I don't want to trade for Horvat. He's a pending UFA. Just sign him. We aren't making a playoff run this season. Don't give up value.

Reactions: ZDH and saska sault

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Hronek, Veleno, Zadina and a top 2 protected 2024 1st for Horvat is probably around what it would be. Plus, Horvat would have to sign with the Wings immediately or have some general agreement in place to do it.

I could see Yzerman going for it.
Barf

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Unless they are pieces we wouldn't miss anyway, I don't want to trade for Horvat. He's a pending UFA. Just sign him. We aren't making a playoff run this season. Don't give up value.

Im in the same boat unless we can somehow trade quantity over quality. I think we have a bit of log jam of B prospects potentially, but that likely isn't getting the job done for Horvat.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
How many times has “just sign him in ufa” worked out?
I honestly don't really care. Horvat doesn't move the needle enough to dump futures and young pieces on. If he's there in the summer, talk to him. If not, oh well.

If there is a guy worth trading for out there it's Meier. Largely because he can't hit free agency.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
How many times has “just sign him in ufa” worked out?

So many times. It gets hard every offseason having to beat back all the free agents throwing themselves at us because of all the cap space, prestige, best friends, childhood favoritism, cultural neighborhoods of their home country, etc etc etc. It’s a wonder how Stevie can even sleep with all the UFAs sliding into his DMs asking for contracts

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
So many times. It gets hard every offseason having to beat back all the free agents throwing themselves at us because of all the cap space, prestige, best friends, childhood favoritism, cultural neighborhoods of their home country, etc etc etc. It’s a wonder how Stevie can even sleep with all the UFAs sliding into his DMs asking for contracts
No wonder we signed 5 of them this past summer. Makes sense.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
No wonder we signed 5 of them this past summer. Makes sense.
You forgot Pysyk because he hasn't played yet. Plus someone else because there are 7 (Kub, Perron, Copp, Chia, Maatta, Pysyk, Hagg)

2 of them are overpaid, 2 of them suck, Kub and Matta have done better than expected, and Perron has played to expectations while on a cheap contract.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I hope the Horvat rumors hit a fever pitch by the deadline... and then vaporize info Yzerman landing a much bigger fish instead that nobody saw coming (Barzal, Scheifele, Draisaitl even).

Not likely. But it would be fantastic to see a splash that really moved the rebuild up.

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
The fact that people on here really don't like Ras to move is a sign that he will probably be their first target as they see exactly what we can see as well.

Ras and more will ultimately be the price you would have to pay.
Getting Horvat most definitely won't result in us cheering and praising Yzerman for the robbery, it will mlst likely result in some kind of collective 'oh wow, well, let's see how this will work out for both teams in the future', especially with so many teams going in on him.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
I hope the Horvat rumors hit a fever pitch by the deadline... and then vaporize info Yzerman landing a much bigger fish instead that nobody saw coming (Barzal, Scheifele, Draisaitl even).

Not likely. But it would be fantastic to see a splash that really moved the rebuild up.
I can see Pettersson being the guy they’re actually going after. There’s been rumors he’s wanted out for years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad