Pre-Game Talk: The Wild come to Ottawa, Tues. 7:30 on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Please lose.
Had enough of this underachieving all year until we're out of the playoffs and then overachieving until we're out of the top 10 picks.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
The MLB used to have more teams in the NL than the AL. That only changed a coupke of years ago.

That wasn't even the worst of it.
There was a division with 6 teams (NL Central), and one with 4 (AL West)... and only division winners plus 1 wild card made the playoffs.

I believe there was a couple seasons where the Jays actually had a better record than the AL West division winner (or at least were competitive with), but thanks to the being in the AL East with the Yankees and Red Sox (or some other combination of Baltimore,Tampa depending on the year) had no shot at the wild card.

Went looking it up:
1998 - Jays came third in the AL East, tied the AL West winner and were a game behind the AL Central winner. But 4 games behind the wildcard of Boston.

Last edited:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I don't see us winning this game. Minny's fighting tooth and nail to get that wildcard and I doubt we show up with the same energy level, which is fine with me as long as we don't get blown out.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
pageau should be 2c going into next season. He is much better at playing center than Zibby

maybe try Zibby - Pageau - Stone once smith stumbles a bit.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
pageau should be 2c going into next season. He is much better at playing center than Zibby

maybe try Zibby - Pageau - Stone once smith stumbles a bit.

Or acquire an centreman to keep Pager at 3C and move Zib to the wing. But I won't get my hopes up on that.

I guess there's that Colin White guy in a couple years...

**** it, trade Zibanejad!

Boy, that escalated quickly.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Please lose.
Had enough of this underachieving all year until we're out of the playoffs and then overachieving until we're out of the top 10 picks.

Really? What does it matter if they pick 5th to 10th or even to 15th, who is to say they will get a better prospect anywhere in there? We got Karlsson, Ceci & Lazar around 15th & we got Cowen at 9th & Zibanejad at 6th. Look at MacKenzie's list of the top 15 prospects & see if based on where the Sens are now & where they end up if it makes any real difference as to the kind of player they draft. I would guess that within that range anyone of those prospects could turn into boom or bust players but I would hope most of them are at the least potential NHL players in 3 to 5 yrs.

And hopefully whoever we pick from wherever we pick has been well scouted by Ottawa & we get extremely lucky & that guy turns into an elite NHL star. SO IMO it makes no difference whether Ottawa loses or wins tonight's game or any other games this season. I imagine we will still be drafting somewhere around 10th, give or take & Ottawa has as much chance as anyone else of getting a good player from 5 to 15th who could be better than half a dozen guys who are drafted ahead of them as behind them. You just never know with prospects.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
At this point the only focus for this team ought to be play good defensive hockey as a 5 man unit, that's it.

Win or lose, this team needs to learn to play good defense because we can't start next season playing crap defense.

I guess best case scenario is this team plays great defense but loses every single remaining game?

I still would rather they win and play good defense.

Karlsson4President

Oct 31, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
I cheer for two things right now:

1) Karlsson points because I want him to hit 80.

and

2) More Smith goals because it's just flat out funny at this point. Also, love the chaos that ensues on this board after each goal.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
I cheer for two things right now:

1) Karlsson points because I want him to hit 80.

and

2) More Smith goals because it's just flat out funny at this point. Also, love the chaos that ensues on this board after each goal.

3) Hoffman to continue to not score so we can sign him cheaper :yo:

Trev agrees

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
People **** on Cameron for his deployment of Hoffman but when he plays the way he did in the last 30 games I have no problem with him being on the 4rth line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad