Confirmed with Link: The "We got Karlsson!" all-day, all-night, party all the time thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
To be fair, the article is not nearly as negative or inflammatory as the tweet.

What's so imflammatory about the tweet? It's true. Just because the King is wearing rags, it doesn't mean that one has to pretend his is not. EK65 is playing badly for his reputation right now. I'm still waiting on when he turns the corner. Otherwise, this trade will be a bust, other than ridding the Sharks of demelo.

JT would have been a better fit. But his agent played DW well. At least the leaf fans are up in arms about Mealeau. But many of us here knew that Patty's contract would turn into a burden near the end.

I think if Patty was playing for any other team right now, those fans would not be harsh about it.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
It's only 10 games and I'll defend Karlsson to the end but to be fair to Kurz a few flashy passes here and there isn't enough to make up for the fact that Karlsson has not been good for large stretches. I'm curious if he is injured or sick or what because at times he looks incredibly disengaged and slow

Edit: At what point do we start to actually get concerned? 20 games?

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
If SJ peddled Karlsson at the deadline, what would he get?

He is obviously playing his worst hockey since 2010 + being a UFA, so his value can't be staggering at this point.

Mid 1st + B+ prospect, for the cup run?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Nobody should care about Kurz's assessment. Karlsson will see his shot totals pick up as the season goes on. Now he's on pace for 49 points when he's still not in a groove. I'll be alright with what we get out of Karlsson and Burns.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
jesus kurz was a hot take but that response take isn't any better, burns is clearly doing a lot better.

as for karlsson let's not pretend he was ever a possession stalwart against heavy teams or strong possession teams. we caved the sens every time we played and karlsson was like a 30-40% corsi player. that's just not a strength of his, he's not a physical impact player.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
The one thing I've noticed about Karlsson defensively so far is that when someone goes wide on him, he's had a hard time turning and keeping up. He's not slow, just wondering if there's something nagging him that would affect him turning around easily

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Not worried. Burns has had long cold stretches before too, nothing new. EK has enough of a track record that didn’t come from having exceptional ankles or a Weber hard slap shot. His game is in his head and how he sees the game like Jumbo, IMO. It’ll come.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
The one thing I've noticed about Karlsson defensively so far is that when someone goes wide on him, he's had a hard time turning and keeping up. He's not slow, just wondering if there's something nagging him that would affect him turning around easily

ever since the cooke slice he has had trouble pivoting to the right. once he has his timing it's not as noticeable though.

but otherwise, yeah it looks bad

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
jesus kurz was a hot take but that response take isn't any better, burns is clearly doing a lot better.

as for karlsson let's not pretend he was ever a possession stalwart against heavy teams or strong possession teams. we caved the sens every time we played and karlsson was like a 30-40% corsi player. that's just not a strength of his, he's not a physical impact player.

i dunno about that. Karlsson is a fantastic possession player . he's always had a positive corsi despite playing on some awful sens teams, and corsi has a lot to do with the caliber of team one plays on.

he breaks up plays, gets it to his forwards or skates it out, and keeps pucks in the offensive zone like no one else in the league and it translates to one of the best possession players in the league.

Last edited:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
The difference right now between Karlsson and Burns is, Burns is roaming more, while Karlsson plays more conservatively. If Karlsson would roam more, there would be more offense and more times being out of position. Playing more conservative hockey on a new team is smart I think, unless the coach specifically asks him to roam more.

Karlsson isn't getting a lot of points, but he's often the reason the puck ends up in the offensive zone, as advertised.

Reactions: NiWa

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
i dunno about that. Karlsson is a fantastic possession player imo. he's always had a positive corsi despite playing on some awful sens teams, and corsi has a lot to do with the caliber of team one plays on.

he breaks up plays, gets it to his forwards or skates it out, and keeps pucks in the offensive zone like no one else in the league and it translates to one of the best possession players in the league.
okay except i provided the numbers to back up what i said.
check his games against the kings, sharks, canes, tampa last season.
against the best he is prone to getting caved, especially on the road.
we just played the very best and he got caved
the best have been in the west through his career, so yeah.

Last edited:

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
okay except i provided the numbers to back up what i said.
against the best he is prone to getting caved
we just played the very best and he got caved
the best have been in the west through his career, so yeah.

he actually had the best corsi amongst all sharks in the Carolina game and his cf relative to his team was a +15.5

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
he actually had the best corsi amongst all sharks in the Carolina game and his cf relative to his team was a +15.5
we know what true possession greatness looks like in joe thornton and upcoming in hertl and meier. karlsson is not that, which isn't a terrible thing but let's not make him out to be what he isn't and never has been.

oh i get it, sens fan

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
we know what true possession greatness looks like in joe thornton and upcoming in hertl and meier. karlsson is not that, which isn't a terrible thing but let's not make him out to be what he isn't and never has been.

oh i get it, sens fan

No need to be a dick, especially when you’re wrong. Karlsson’s relative Corsi has always been very high end.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
No need to be a dick, especially when you’re wrong. Karlsson’s relative Corsi has always been very high end.
the numbers and the eye bear out exactly what i said, as does the eye test. yeah he does good against weak possession teams and is better than most of the rest of the sens.
but if the team is getting caved he's not going to bail them out. we have some of those players that can, we know what that looks like. karlsson isn't that.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
the numbers and the eye bear out exactly what i said, as does the eye test. yeah he does good against weak possession teams and is better than most of the rest of the sens.
but if the team is getting caved he's not going to bail them out. we have some of those players that can, we know what that looks like. karlsson isn't that.

what numbers?

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Comeon man. Be nice.
hey we're not trying to defend karlsson because our team has no aspirations and he's all we got. we need him to be a part of the picture of beating the best teams in the league so his flaws do need to be accounted for.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
hey we're not trying to defend karlsson because our team has no aspirations and he's all we got. we need him to be a part of the picture of beating the best teams in the league so his flaws do need to be accounted for.
Sure, but if someone asks you what kind of numbers you've looked at and you tell them to f*** off, how does your "objective" analysis look? Pretty dubious. What did you use in terms of statistics, corsi, or more? From last season only, the last three years or his career? In other words, what is your sample? And if I can f*** off as well, you can say that, but then you can also end using the word "objectively" and exchange it with "IMO".

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Sure, but if someone asks you what kind of numbers you've looked at and you tell them to **** off, how does your "objective" analysis look? Pretty dubious. What did you use in terms of statistics, corsi, or more? From last season only, the last three years or his career? In other words, what is your sample? And if I can **** off as well, you can say that, but then you can also end using the word "objectively" and exchange it with "IMO".
it's not like it's right up there in my posts or anything :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad