Podcast (Audio) The Wally and Methot Show

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
So few barriers to entry now in thy business, so many podcasts now, both amateur and professional, and both are getting players and management invites.

Methot is clearly moving on, but I wonder what’s going to be next for Wally and Greg?

This is a very political way of saying Methot is too busy to hang out with Wally now that the season has started.

Ian Mendes will be devastated that Bobby Ryan got the last laugh.
This made me think of puff the magic dragon…. Made me sad :(

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
So few barriers to entry now in thy business, so many podcasts now, both amateur and professional, and both are getting players and management invites.

Methot is clearly moving on, but I wonder what’s going to be next for Wally and Greg?

This made me think of puff the magic dragon…. Made me sad :(

It won't be hard for Greg to find a graphic designing job. He's good at what he does and is a great social media presence.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I feel like I must be in the very small minority here but I really didn't vibe with the WAM show. Wish them the best with whatever it is they're working on next but I don't think Sens fans are going to miss much without this show's content.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
I feel like I must be in the very small minority here but I really didn't vibe with the WAM show. Wish them the best with whatever it is they're working on next but I don't think Sens fans are going to miss much without this show's content.
I enjoyed the first half of the shows, would usually turn off interview depending on who it was, would almost never listen to trivia at the end.

Mostly just tuned in for Methot, Bobby, and Mendes.

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
I actually agree with you here.
Their access to the players was unrivalled in our market but as the show wore on I found myself annoyed with W + M. I listened to just about every episode but only because of the players.
I wish Wally the best as he tries to find his post TSN calling and I do appreciate all the content we got to consume.
Oh and Craig is the best but he's a brilliant marketer and is incredibly creative, anyone with half a brain should be knocking on his door to get him in their mix.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I wont miss Wallace whatsoever, but wish him well on his future endeavors.

Craig and Marc will definitely be missed but Im sure we will see them around still in one capacity or another.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

Very small minority of people think like this .

It was content that allowed sens fans to be engaged with the team. They were free to discuss any topics because Dorion/Melnyk couldn’t dictate them. We lost a true gem of a show.

I like the locked on sens podcast crew but they didn’t even ask Dorion anything close to a tough question when they had him on their pod.

Reactions: DrEasy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
There are plenty of personalities in the Ottawa area & former players who might be pretty good on a podcast like Jason York.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

It was content that allowed sens fans to be engaged with the team. They were free to discuss any topics because Dorion/Melnyk couldn’t dictate them. We lost a true gem of a show.

I like the locked on sens podcast crew but they didn’t even ask Dorion anything close to a tough question when they had him on their pod.

I dont think the minority was a small as you think it was tbh... Maybe they had some real hard core fans among their followers, but the vast majority of the Sens fan base didnt listen to the show for whatever reason.

Because if the show was actually that popular and beloved by all, it would probably still be going, right?

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

To be fair, if they asked ‘tough questions’ it’s doubtful that he’d answer them, or worse for them and us, ever go back.

There really isn’t a venue for interrogating GM’s. They will either answer or they won’t, and if they do answer it will be canned. If they feel blindsided, or don’t appreciate your approach, they won’t grant you exclusive access, and will deliver vanilla to you in a scum.

It’s just not a thing that will happen.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I dont think the minority was a small as you think it was tbh... Maybe they had some real hard core fans among their followers, but the vast majority of the Sens fan base didnt listen to the show for whatever reason.

Because if the show was actually that popular and beloved by all, it would probably still be going, right?
Seems like they had a great following from people I talked too. Sounds like about 10-15000 downloads per episode. Not bad for a niche podcast.
If Methot wasn’t too busy with TV and stuff, it probably would still be going.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Seems like they had a great following from people I talked too. Sounds like about 10-15000 downloads per episode. Not bad for a niche podcast.
If Methot wasn’t too busy with TV and stuff, it probably would still be going.
Yeah, I'm not sure how big a following you can realistically expect for a small market team's podcast.

What are the more popular team podcasts? Locked on Sens is the only other one that comes to mind, their YouTube channel has about 4k subscribers while WaM was at 7k, both are small potatoes compared to channels with broader appeal like spitting chicklets which is over 200k.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Yeah, I'm not sure how big a following you can realistically expect for a small market team's podcast.

What are the more popular team podcasts? Locked on Sens is the only other one that comes to mind, their YouTube channel has about 4k subscribers while WaM was at 7k, both are small potatoes compared to channels with broader appeal like spitting chicklets which is over 200k.
Ya I never subscribed or watched on YouTube, I was strictly listening, when walking dog or some other activity

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
There are plenty of personalities in the Ottawa area & former players who might be pretty good on a podcast like Jason York.
I don’t think Yorky is host material, fantastic stories but more of a great guest than host.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
As an Ottawa fan living outside of a hockey country, I enjoyed the WAM podcast. There’s not a lot of Senators related content around. Chiclets is good entertainment, but Ottawa hardly ever gets a mention.

This is a win for the LOSP guys in terms of listeners and sponsors. They are also getting a lot more access to players these days for interviews. Good for them.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

Sens fan base isn't really that big. It was probably the most popular content related to the team other than 1200 radio. More views than the sens youtube channel.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
they are probably the best ottawa based podcast no?

hard to find sens content that is done well. definitely a loss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad