Podcast (Audio) The Wally and Methot Show

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
What kind of income can the W&S show generate ? Is this Wally trying to stay relevant or does this have the potential to be his new career?

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I think it's more of a stepping stone for both guys. They've repeatedly said it's not about the money.

Because realistically podcasts don't tend to generate much of it.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
They did say Zaitsev was in great shape, spent all summer training in Ottawa, and played injured last year.

Who knows, maybe he’ll kill it as a bottom pairing and PKer.

He definitely has that role in him at his best in my opinion.
He was working on his cross-check form.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Ice-Tray

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Podcasts are really taking over with minimal filler conversations

My top ones right now:

32 Thoughts
The Steve Dangle Podcast (With Jesse Blake and Adam Wylde)
The DFO Rundown ( with Frank Seravalli)
The Chris Johnston Show
The Wally and Methot Show

The Steve Dangle Network is going to have a post game podcast for each Canadian team this year. Interested in listening after Sens games.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

My top ones right now:

32 Thoughts
The Chris Johnston Show

The Steve Dangle Network is going to have a pre game show for each Canadian team this year. Interested in listening after Sens games.
How does that work if 3 Canadian teams play same night at same time.

Not a fan of first 2 on your list. marek is bad.

Reactions: bert

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

So the main crew won't be doing the post game shows. They are currently looking for podcasters (or fans in gneeral) who they will hire for each team. It will be interesting to see how it works but it is giving people a great chance to enter this space and for fans to engage in their team after the games.

They tried it with MTL which didn't work too well due to MTL having a historically bad year but I think there will be a lot of buzz from sens fans this year

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Agreed don't love him. But Friedman offers some nice info. I prefer spitting chicklets and missing curfew. Love the interviews of the veterans. The Dino Ciccarelli one that just came out was incredible. Broke his femur never drafted, battled to come back an amazing redemption story. 1200 points! Some great Bryan and Terry Murray content.

Wally and Methot are third on my list. They're getting better and the sens content is great.

Reactions: HSF

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Love these guys, not a fan of Craig though.
Craig is awesome.
The show is pretty good.
A few things I though bothered me but hey, they do a great job. Can’t be easy to put those together smoothly. I agree with bert it’s getting better too.

Reactions: HSF

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Wonder what the future of sports radio will be. I know radio shows on tsn1200 have their content available on like Spotify now but man the filler content is rough. I get that its hard to fill a 4 hour timeslot with content everyday. Thats not easy to do

Reactions: Bileur

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.

My top ones right now:

32 Thoughts
The Chris Johnston Show

The Steve Dangle Network is going to have a post game podcast for each Canadian team this year. Interested in listening after Sens games.
I listened to the Steve Dangle show and they really don't know much about any team other than Toronto. I listened to their Ottawa season preview and they thought Talbot had a terrible season last year; they were talking about Debrincat being a UFA in a year's time; they talked about the fortune we gave up for Hamonic... and they made several other mistakes/incorrect assumptions about Ottawa. They eventually realized their mistakes (on some of their points), but it just came off as uninformed and amateurish.

Reactions: aragorn

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
definitely a bummer - Meth always provided great insight about Sens of the past. I guess the show allowed him to leap into TV and was a great success for him. Loved the show.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
definitely a bummer - Meth always provided great insight about Sens of the past. I guess the show allowed him to leap into TV and was a great success for him. Loved the show.

I was wondering if that might happen, that’s too bad , enjoyed the show.
Meth too busy with TV now, and Junior games.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

damnn that sucks

Meth and Wally probably working on other projects or jobs

best of luck to them

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016

This is a very political way of saying Methot is too busy to hang out with Wally now that the season has started.

Ian Mendes will be devastated that Bobby Ryan got the last laugh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad