Blue Jays Discussion: The Vladimir Guerrero Jr. injury overreaction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
You keep saying this kind of stuff over and over again, but I still don't get the impression you've done any more analysis than just looking at the names in the lineup.

It's a good lineup, top to bottom, against both righties and lefties. You would realize that if you made any effort at all to look at the kinds of numbers the players have had the last couple years.

OK, that's great then. Hope we keep it up.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
OK, that's great then. Hope we keep it up.

They won't keep it up. They're averaging 6 runs per game right now, on pace for nearly 1000 total. No one does that anymore. But they'll keep scoring at a decent rate because they have a good lineup.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Any news on JD? Last update I'd heard was two days ago, which was that he was tossing the ball around with no pain or discomfort. Would be great to have him DH for us tomorrow, although perhaps having him back Tuesday for the series opener against the Sox may be more realistic?

Sox also got no-hit tonight by the A's.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
The Jays depth is really impressive.

Like, who are all these guys lol. Some great additions in and about to come in.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
These runs they're scoring will stoo.I look at their line up and its mediocre at best so when the hitting settles down and theyre starting pitching isn't great.they will begin to fall.They dont even have an ACE.. A player like JD would have helped their offense greatly. Whenever TUlo gets back...Trade him. let him go to another teams injury list

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
These runs they're scoring will stoo.I look at their line up and its mediocre at best so when the hitting settles down and theyre starting pitching isn't great.they will begin to fall.They dont even have an ACE.. A player like JD would have helped their offense greatly. Whenever TUlo gets back...Trade him. let him go to another teams injury list

Couple of number twos, three mid rotation starters, what’s to complain about? Unless of course we’re going to suggest that Stroman et al are terrible now after four starts.

And the lineup being mediocre at best is a facade that many people would probably assume of this team. The flexibility and ability to spread plate appearances and put players into positions that will help them succeed says otherwise. The platooning and competitive dynamic of the roster is how the Rays were routinely finding themselves in the playoffs since their WS appearance.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Tulo is untradeable. Unless you’re attaching Vladdy or Bichette to him and that’s not happening.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Couple of number twos, three mid rotation starters, what’s to complain about? Unless of course we’re going to suggest that Stroman et al are terrible now after four starts.

And the lineup being mediocre at best is a facade that many people would probably assume of this team. The flexibility and ability to spread plate appearances and put players into positions that will help them succeed says otherwise. The platooning and competitive dynamic of the roster is how the Rays were routinely finding themselves in the playoffs since their WS appearance.

I actually do think Stroman is overrated. i don't see this line up getting them in the playoffs and certainly not a WS. Tampa was an exception and how many WS did they have? Also one might attribute it to the brilliance of their ex.manager

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I actually do think Stroman is overrated. i don't see this line up getting them in the playoffs and certainly not a WS. Tampa was an exception and how many WS did they have? Also one might attribute it to the brilliance of their ex.manager

Well give me your analysis on what makes him overrated, considering the fact that he was a top 20 pitcher last season.

And how exactly was Tampa an exception? I’m not saying they didn’t have star power (Longo, Zobrist, Crawford, Price), but they surrounded them with great depth and platoon pieces, like the Jays have been trying to do. Yes, they didn’t win a world series, but do you expect every great team to win a world series?

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Well give me your analysis on what makes him overrated, considering the fact that he was a top 20 pitcher last season.

And how exactly was Tampa an exception? I’m not saying they didn’t have star power (Longo, Zobrist, Crawford, Price), but they surrounded them with great depth and platoon pieces, like the Jays have been trying to do. Yes, they didn’t win a world series, but do you expect every great team to win a world series?

I see you set your standards quite low.
TB making the playoffs once is something to model your team by. As Mentioned they also had arguably the best manager in the game. TB IS a team which is cash strapped Tor isn't. They draw over 3M fans last season and who do they go get? garbage .

Stroman, allows many runs per game and tons of homers. The jays get him runs . They had their ace in Noah and traded him.
Stroman for Noah...what do you say?
laughable right? Exactly overrated.
He does not have Ace stuff in fact Sanchez has better stuff then him

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

So Sanchez is a number 2?

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
TB making the playoffs once is something to model your team by. As Mentioned they also had arguably the best manager in the game. TB IS a team which is cash strapped Tor isn't. They draw over 3M fans last season and who do they go get? garbage .

Stroman, allows many runs per game and tons of homers. The jays get him runs . They had their ace in Noah and traded him.

Oh you’re one of those people, okay.

Reactions: my name is Bob

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
So Sanchez is a number 2?

Sanchez is a better pitcher then Stroman.yet it seems stroman gets so much hype. Stroman as you know also has a serious disadvantage. ...size . Wouldn't be surprised if at one point in his career he becomes a full time reliever

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Statistically, Stroman is a very good pitcher as is Aaron Sanchez.

If you just want to use the naked eye to analyze them, they’re still pretty damned good, IMO.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
One of those ppl? You mean one who might be seeing the team for what it is.
Yes I am..
Try sticking to the point instead of labelling

So if I presented you facts that proved Stroman is good, like you know, the stats, would you then agree with me? If I told you the Rays made the playoffs more than once, would you agree that they had a successful model of building, or just continually suggest that Maddon managed them from 60 wins to 90 wins on the regular?

Try not talking in absolutes when you have nothing to back them up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad