Value of: The value of Max Pacioretty to contending teams only

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Lee is coming off a 34 goal season and on pace for 40+ goals now.He provides a physical presence on Tavares lw.

Ladd has a ntc. The Ladd-Barzal-Eberle line is very productive, with Ladd providing the physical presence on that line.

Isles are 2nd or 3rd in league scoring.
Not gonna be in the mix for Patches.

I know Lee is doing good, but Patches would add a lot of offense to this team and im pretty certain hed thrive there not being "the guy". Not upgrading on your team because your second in scoring isnt a good reason. Obviously you'd have other options but if Pac is available at your price i dont see the Isle not going in.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
from here

and here:

there are several pacioretty threads as hab fans look to fix what ails them

You found one trade proposal, and though it is a bad one, I agree, it is not demonstrably Pacioretty for PLD. It's Pacioretty, the Habs best C prospect and a 1st for PLD. Again, I agree that it's not a deal CLB should make at this point but it comes nowhere close to being proof of what you're trying to say.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I know Lee is doing good, but Patches would add a lot of offense to this team and im pretty certain hed thrive there not being "the guy". Not upgrading on your team because your second in scoring isnt a good reason. Obviously you'd have other options but if Pac is available at your price i dont see the Isle not going in.
wasting the assets it would take is a great reason. We dont need pacioretty, we do need to improve our defense, especially in a cost controlled way using the draft. If we use both firsts in the upcoming draft and get the next Trouba on an ELC, that brings us so much closer to a title, way more than Pacioretty ever could.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Isles needs are solidifying the goaltending and 2nd pairing.

No interest in wasting trade chips that could be used in those areas on a scorer.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
My post was in regard to whether Columbus would be after Roslovic from WPG, not about Pacioretty to CLB. I don't see anything that would work between CLB and MTL.
I guess you're not too familiar with WPG, they're in no need of top 6 winger at the moment, they are looking for a decent LHD as per TSN's sportcenter. All their winger (LW) are young and developing very well
CONNOR // SCHEIFELE // WHEELER
EHLERS //LITTLE // LAINE

and as far as I'm concern, "The value of Max Pacioretty to contending teams only"... Columbus, not in contention?!?

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I guess you're not too familiar with WPG, they're in no need of top 6 winger at the moment, they are looking for a decent LHD as per TSN's sportcenter. All their winger (LW) are young and developing very well
CONNOR // SCHEIFELE // WHEELER
EHLERS //LITTLE // LAINE

and as far as I'm concern, "The value of Max Pacioretty to contending teams only"... Columbus, not in contention?!?

Columbus is also not looking for LWers. They're looking for Cs, just like MTL.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Yah because the habs and blues are working on a Thomas for patches trade...
from what blues fans said in a few threads, they want no part of that.

listen nobody is denying Price is great goalie. but teams understand that at 10.5m, having him means you have to sacrifice elsewhere on the roster. and other teams want no part of that.

its not price's fault but it is a factor

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Pacioretty is worth a bit more than what Calgary fave up for Hamonic.
Pacioretty is a 30 goals player and dirt cheap contract with another year remaining.

2 first round picks, top prospect and roster player.

If Columbus offers which highly doubt because Torts don’t like Patches. You are looking at Josh Anderson, a prospect and 2 firsts

I don't think that will happen, JMHO.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I don't think that will happen, JMHO.

I agree. Right now, Anderson is not far from being as good as Pacioretty. And considering age and all, i think Anderson + 1st would be fair value for Pacioretty but i'm pretty sure Columbus don't do it.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I agree. Right now, Anderson is not far from being as good as Pacioretty. And considering age and all, i think Anderson + 1st would be fair value for Pacioretty but i'm pretty sure Columbus don't do it.
More to the point, Anderson is an actual power forward. And we're not breaking up the PB&J line - especially not now, what with injuries to everything and everyone else.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007

listen nobody is denying Price is great goalie. but teams understand that at 10.5m, having him means you have to sacrifice elsewhere on the roster. and other teams want no part of that.

Yes, thank you for pointing this out.

The Blues will NOT be parting with Robert Thomas. A center like him who is close to NHL ready on an ELC and in an organization that desperately needs quality centers is just going to hang up the phone if his name is mentioned.

Patches is great value on that contract no doubt, Habs should get solid value for him when he's dealt but good luck pulling an ELC center as good as Thomas. Not trying to be snarky here but teams won't be lining up to trade that type of player, especially not one close to contributing at the NHL level.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015

My post was sarcasm

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Right now Anderson has more value than max imo. He is on a much cheaper contract, is scoring more and is more physical (he fights sometimes right?) he is the type of player cbj needs now and in the near future

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
you didnt, i was just referring to the rest of the thread in general since the Habs need a center

I just read the preceding posts and I failed to see where it was Patches for PLD or Patches for a #1C. It's ok to be constantly critical of all posts here but facts matter as well.

I'd certainly open to trading Patches for someone else than PLD and not necessarily for a #1C. I'd take a #2C, a prospect and a pick among many other possibilities.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
I thought we were only supposed to discuss contending teams as destinations for Patches?

Strome with Nurse and a pick maybe but Strome really doesn't address a glaring need. Nope for Maroon although he is a good hockey player. Patches would probably wake up in Edmonton. He needs a change of scenery.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

I made this argument when leaf fans try propose deals for JVR during the summer but trading for Patches is basically making a deal for the sake of making a deal not making a trade that addresses a specific need (and that to me is bad asset management)

As I pointed out in another thread I think Plekanec would actually make more sense in addressing problems on this team if the Islanders were to deal with Montreal(and he could be had for cheaper)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad