OT: The Travel Thread

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
My better half was tipped a stay at a house in Cabo San Lucas, so we are heading down there on Monday for 10 days. Looking forward to drinking some beer and eating tacos in the sun. Not expecting too much in the way of cultural experiences, but I'm ok with that as we have another trip planned to that end. Definitely will not miss the -20 cold snap we have been enduring...

Anyway, if anyone has any food/bar suggestions, I'm all ears.
Man I dream of warm sand on my feet right now instead of this cold grey winter.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Gonna do a visit to Bucharest for a few days, any must see's or do's? Staying with a local but not the outgoing type that's in the know.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Gonna do a visit to Bucharest for a few days, any must see's or do's? Staying with a local but not the outgoing type that's in the know.

It's about 200 km to Vlad Tsepes AKA Dracula castle, I went there and you couldn't rent a car then so I sold my Yamaha boombox cassette and we had the car of the hotel reception guy for 2 days. I actually got 50 dollars and 50 D marks (before the Euro) as well so it was good business but that was before the fall of Ceaușescu and when western stuff was very valuable.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
It's about 200 km to Vlad Tsepes AKA Dracula castle, I went there and you couldn't rent a car then so I sold my Yamaha boombox cassette and we had the car of the hotel reception guy for 2 days. I actually got 50 dollars and 50 D marks (before the Euro) as well so it was good business but that was before the fall of Ceaușescu and when western stuff was very valuable.

Sounds like dark days back then,images of the movie HOSTEL come to mind. lol. Hope things are better now.

Our friend has a car,but I'll drive nonetheless though. The Castle has been discussed, but weather and time permitting,hope they are Euro friendly.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Yes those days were dark. People in lines for flour and sugar. I also got 800 Leu but I couldn't find much to spend it on, the restaurants only had chicken (came with claws and all) so I did what needed to be done and bought a lot of alcohol. I am sure it is much better now.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Yes those days were dark. People in lines for flour and sugar. I also got 800 Leu but I couldn't find much to spend it on, the restaurants only had chicken (came with claws and all) so I did what needed to be done and bought a lot of alcohol. I am sure it is much better now.

People mentioned it was " Paris " of the East,it's not! Stick with Paris:(.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
What's up? Anyone visited some exotic places lately? I am thinking of flying to China or Italy...

I got offered a real good deal on a cruise out of Macao,but not a fan of cruises.

Do need to get to Windhoek shortly, that should be a breeze!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What's up? Anyone visited some exotic places lately? I am thinking of flying to China or Italy...

Oh, yes. And now you can. All thanks to our exclusive air and hotel package!!!

lLXnyNw.jpg

ogcn1ty.jpg

Don't forget the extra savings you can get by using our exclusive discount coupon!

GutC1Rs.jpg

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

lLXnyNw.jpg

ogcn1ty.jpg

Don't forget the extra savings you can get by using our exclusive discount coupon!

GutC1Rs.jpg

Got a sibling stranded in Xi'an, not a picnic from what I hear. On the upside,a big fan of Dim-sum.

Reactions: Runner77

ashtraygirl

Nov 22, 2008
Montreal
I’ve been in Tijuana, MX since January. I’m due to fly back to Montreal via San Diego in three weeks. I’m hoping the worst of it will be over, but I’m considering extending my trip by a few weeks... over here in Mexico, it’s pretty much business as usual.. Liga MX still going, schools still open, concerts still happening...

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

lLXnyNw.jpg

ogcn1ty.jpg

GutC1Rs.jpg

ROTFL! I needed a laugh today.

Today it is one year since my baby boy Snoop passed away, I have been crying a bit looking at old pics.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
ROTFL! I needed a laugh today.

Today it is one year since my baby boy Snoop passed away, I have been crying a bit looking at old pics.

Already one year? I remember how you had posted about it. Sorry for your loss.

Real happy I could get a laugh from you. Hopefully the good memories he left you will make it a little easier on you.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I’ve been in Tijuana, MX since January. I’m due to fly back to Montreal via San Diego in three weeks. I’m hoping the worst of it will be over, but I’m considering extending my trip by a few weeks... over here in Mexico, it’s pretty much business as usual.. Liga MX still going, schools still open, concerts still happening...

.......The Cartel slaying.:thumbu:

Reactions: overlords

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Kinda got owned by not being able to get my money back for any of these.

MTL-STL on May 11th
STL-COL on May 14th
MTL-SD on May 23rd
SD-ATL on May 29th

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I’ve done a lot of traveling recently. My room to the bathroom. 2nd floor to the kitchen. Kitchen to living room. Etc, etc. :sarcasm:

We still go for a ride and hit some balls,tend to the critters and the fields. Not a happy camper that we missed the window to get to Windhoek though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad