GDT: The Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
What time does it get announced the Devils claimed Gomez? Noon?

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
We make any move today, it will involve Ryder, Urbom, JJ and/or Sislo.

My $$$ is on Moulson.

Off the wall pawn/trade piece: Larsson.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Larsson traded. He'd bring the most out of our assets and Dmen are in high demand. It would open a lot of possibilities for higher end talent for us.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
if Marty wants to sign somewhere else next season I understand. but why now, why bail during a playoff push. meh.

devlzfan

Aug 28, 2007
Farmingdale, NY
I agree with Wyshsynki (Puck Daddy). This is an ego-driven move by Marty. Instead of saying, I'm a Devil for life, he'd rather go play for a last place team just so he has a chance to play and boost his already all-time best statistics. I'm losing more & more respect for Marty as we speak.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Mirtle is trying to be funny:

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 40 Sek.

Brodeur in a tweet... RT @blackdogpat: 'I'm a horrible goalie but trade me to a really good team who will play me a lot'

:facepalm:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I agree with Wyshsynki (Puck Daddy). This is an ego-driven move by Marty. Instead of saying, I'm a Devil for life, he'd rather go play for a last place team just so he has a chance to play and boost his already all-time best statistics. I'm losing more & more respect for Marty as we speak.

How is that any different than what Jagr is doing? He signed here because he was going to play a lot and could chase records.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
had a dream last night that lou acquired zenon konopka for a 3rd round pick. lets hope that wasnt any type of foreshadowing.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
How is that any different than what Jagr is doing? He signed here because he was going to play a lot and could chase records.

Or maybe both of those guys simply enjoy playing hockey and making some nice money while doing so. But that probably just makes too much sense.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
So uh. Did we get Gomez yet? I still have a youth Scott Gomez jersey I can have the ol' lady wear to games for the lols.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2 Min.

Told Ottawa is among the teams interested in Hemsky. Good look at his upside last night. Best on the ice for the Oilers #TSN #bardown.com

EJ Hradek ‏@EJHradek_NHL 2 Min.

If he's really been offered 6 years/$36M, I think he stays. IMO, more than fair @Fritzz2009: @MearsyNHL Callahan-stay or go? If go, 4 whom?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I get a weird feeling with Kesler. When it gets reported that A team and B team and C team are out of the running for a player, I start to think that the Devils get the guy.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
@RealKyper #Devils will try and move Brodeur. He told his GM last nite he wants out. Lou told him not great market but he'd try his best to do it.

Whelp...looks like he def. wants out.

Nick Kypreos as almost as bad as Eklund when it comes to anything Devils. Total fabrication stuff.

Just like when he claimed Clarkson asked for a trade in 2010

Sportsnet in Canada’s Nick Kypreos reported that Clarkson asked for a trade from the Devils earlier this season. When I asked Clarkson about it after the Devils’ 4-3 win in San Jose tonight, he vehemently denied it.

“No,†he told me. “I love it here. Mr. (Lou Lamoriello) has been golden to me. I want to stay here the rest of my career.â€

Clarkson said he had no idea where the report came from.

“I’ve never even met him,†Clarkson said of Kypreos. “I’ve never spoken to him.€

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad