The top line needs a name

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
lol Nick I gotta hand it to you bro you handle a joke well. But I think Soviet Tampa jokes are a little aged.

its all good and fun when we are joking. It's been frustrating in that department, but if games like last night keep happening will be happy.

What about Russian Roulette Line?

Last edited:
Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Pacemaker

Eta: Adrenaline

Pacemaker: they set the scoring pace; they get your heart going; they stop opposing team’s fan’s hearts

Adrenaline: similar reasons

Eta2: inspired by DFC’s “heart attack line”

Eta3: Pulp Fiction

Eta4: Uma Thurman

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
If we are bringing up Soviet Tampa the obvious is “Stammer and Sickles.”

Cutting down opposition defenders.
That's actually very clever. Not sure a Soviet reference would really fly though. It was a very repressive regime. Less so after Stalin, but still repressive.

You could go back earlier though to Tsarist Russia.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Well, it's a Russian, a Canadian, and a Russian-American. Any way to play with that?

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Russian Collusion is funny and timely. Someone mentioned Delta Force, which I like, although I'd be in favor of amending it to The D-Boys, which is what the Rangers took to calling them in Somalia (a quick Google search later, however, and I'm thinking we should probably steer clear of any associations with what would appear to be K-Pop boy bands :confused:).

Spetsnaz might be cool if we go the military route.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Troika means something like "triple" in Russian. It refers to carriages drawn by three horses (and unfortunately, apparently summary trials of the NKVD against class enemies). Perhaps we can figure out a light-hearted play on that.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I don't know about it being related to anything Russian since it's mostly about Stamkos and Kucherov rather than the whole line.

Reactions: DFC

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't know about it being related to anything Russian since it's mostly about Stamkos and Kucherov rather than the whole line.

Agreed. Namestnikov is just barely Russian too.

Steve It To Bieber

Steve Ita Bieber

Steven - Nikita - Bieber

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Troika means something like "triple" in Russian. It refers to carriages drawn by three horses (and unfortunately, apparently summary trials of the NKVD against class enemies). Perhaps we can figure out a light-hearted play on that.
My dad suggested that as a name

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How about "The Bondsmen" or "Vasilevskiy's Bondsmen" since all they do is bail him out.
full

Hey, just poking fun man. You have every right to poke me back, and with me it is very easy. Lol

Last edited:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I like GAG (goal a game) line. Bit of a throwback to that Hadfield-Ratelle-Gilbert line, but it's my favorite line name ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad