The Tomas Plekanec Thread

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Bergeron/Marchand/Plekanec hate is real. Crazy how Bergeron lost composure so much out there.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Just needed time to get involved and get an assignment he likes. He joined a rival without a real spot for him until now.... this is what he does.

Reactions: ToneDog

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I'll happily give him credit tonight. He played great, especially closing out the game.

I was furious with him after game 1 and 2. But he was a big part of this win.

Reactions: PuckMagi

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Leafs were dinner, and needed everyone pulling on the rope. Pleks finally had a good game. Hopefully we see more the same in the next one before Kadri is back.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
He played awesome tonight.

When Kadri’s back let’s roll:

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Plekanec-Marner
JVR-Bozak-Brown
Johnsson-Kadri-Kapanen

Winning Thursday would be huge because I think we can win one in Boston with that lineup.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I think Plekanec excelled because he was given a certain assignment and had some good wingers in Marner and Marleau. He was physical and skated hard, finally doing what he was brought here to do.

leafs rule 11

Jul 28, 2007

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Plekanec-Marner
JVR-Bozak-Brown
Johnsson-Kadri-Kapanen

Winning Thursday would be huge because I think we can win one in Boston with that lineup.
u
if we win thrusday and thats still an uphill challenge i agree because that would actually move bozaks line to 4th line duty and give how good the 4th line has looked a responsable center and they can skate aswell

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
The Bergeron/Marchand/Plekanec hate is real. Crazy how Bergeron lost composure so much out there.
I'll say that I've never seen Bergeron act like he did. Marchand I expect it from as he's a hothead but not Bergeron. There was a few shifts where he wasn't even looking at the puck and was chasing Plekanec and shoving him. No idea what Plekanec said or did but I was happy to see it.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Hated the trade, hated his first 20 games, but a different guy showed up tonight. If he can keep this up I'll happily admit I was wrong about him.

That being said, if we somehow beat Boston, I really hope he can keep up this level of intensity without Marchand/Bergeron around to trigger it.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
I laughed so hard when they showed the mini highlight reel of Bergeron and Marchand absolutely mugging Pleks while completely ignoring the game of hockey taking place on about 3 different occassions. It's so absurd, he seems like such a mild mannered guy and you never notice what he's doing or saying to them. That alone was almost worth the second round pick.

Babcock needs to keep this matchup as long as possible, even if it means demoting Kadri.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Honestly, would it be such a crime just to sick Polak on him and not give him a choice to not fight? Just fill in the little rat even if he doesn't drop the mits.
Best way to do that would be to run up the score and give Polak the tap. It may be evened out, though. Without Polak there isn't much fighting prowess on Toronto. Chara/Miller/McQuad may decide to do the same to Matthews or another important piece.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Plekanec-Marner
JVR-Bozak-Brown
Johnsson-Kadri-Kapanen

Whether it's Kadri's line or Bozak's playing the '4th' line role, my goodness that's a deep line-up. Scoring depth will be our strength moving forward and I just can't imagine a better line-up if Pleks plays to tonight's standard. I mean really, that's a scary looking dance card.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad