OT: The Thread About NaDa Thing 198 The Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
lol now the fight's supposedly being delayed cause there are issues with the actual pay per view and the providers having technical problems showing it. Can't make this **** up.

And it's good to be Tom Brady...went to the Derby in the afternoon and made it to Vegas in time for the fight :P

Streams just started taking a heavy hit too. Lots and lots of traffic I imagine.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
so is it safe to say mayweather killed any chance of boxing hyping up again in our present time? this fight could've done good things for the sport, but it seems to me that it had the opposite effect

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Extremely disappointing. I wasn't expecting Gatti vs Ward but damn, Mayweather didn't come forward the entire fight except for once. I honestly thought he could get a stoppage after a few of the early rounds by how easily he landed his straight right hand. Manny also didn't come in with the right game plan at all. IMO, he should have positioned himself to Mayweather left after he corned him, that way he could have avoided the right. Instead he boxed in the middled of the ring most of the night where he had no chance.

BTW, if anyone wants to see boxing where both fighters let it all hang out, just look below.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
The pictures of Mayweather's face after the fight looks like he just worked out at the gym really hard.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I watched mike Tyson on Youtube before the match to get me in the mood. This match was so different compared to those clips. Tyson could put on a show. Most of the those clips he won in the first two rounds though.:laugh:

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Wow that fight sucked balls, no wonder it's pretty much irrelevant these days. I'd rather spent the money on Bonaduce vs. Williams than that dreck.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
That fight was an exercise in media hype to "create an event" that doesnt exist. Fight of the century my azz.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That fight was an exercise in media hype to "create an event" that doesnt exist. Fight of the century my azz.

Oh it was an event all right....just not an actual fight. Or rather it was as much of a fight as this:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Oh it was an event all right....just not an actual fight. Or rather it was as much of a fight as this:

I love Punch Out. I probably dropped a few hundred bucks into that game during the middle 80's. And Karate Champ too.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Maybe not Longfellow's most popular work as the midnight ride of Paul Revere is immersed in American history, but the Arrow and the Song is certainly my favorite..

The Arrow and the Song
BY HENRY WADSWORTH LONGFELLOW
I shot an arrow into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For, so swiftly it flew, the sight
Could not follow it in its flight.

I breathed a song into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For who has sight so keen and strong,
That it can follow the flight of song?

Long, long afterward, in an oak
I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end,
I found again in the heart of a friend.

Edit: sorry I like to have a few drinks and read Archery literature.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'm going to avoid Facebook today so I dont have to sift through the 378 May The Fourth Be With You posts.

That joke hasn't been killed, it's been waterboarded, starved, then drawn & quartered, then shot, then hung, stabbed, clubbed, poisoned, and thrown from a cliff.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site

It was only hyped up because boxing fans like myself waited so long for it. Unfortunately, Floyd waited until Pacquiao was no longer the dynamic, energetic, offensive dynamo that he once was. I strongly believe that the Pacquiao that fought Miguel Cotto in 2009 makes the fight competitive, even though I ultimately think he still loses.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I want to quit one of my jobs this week. Any advice?

I am a firm believer in always being professional and courteous. Don't burn any bridges even if you know you will never be back there. Be respectful even if you think they weren't to you. Tell them the truth, put in your 2 weeks, and move forward. I'm assuming you will be fine without it.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
One of...? Is it just a job or something that could be a stepping stone in your career?

They're both part time, the one I want to quit was supposed to lead to a full time job but they've been stringing me along for months. And I hate doing it. I hate the work, the schedule, the commute, all of it.

I feel bad because they're nice people and they don't know I dislike the job. But juggling these two jobs is torture. My other job wants to give me more responsibility so I'm planning on doing that full time and then going for my Masters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad