OT: The Super Bowl

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
That was a really interesting result. I'm sure the Jets feel good as a result of the Seattle win not just because of Idzik's involvement, but because that style of ball can be a big winner in the current game.

Cavonnier

Apr 23, 2013
Maine
http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/post/75447787843/speak-english-racist-revolt-as-coca-cola-airs

seriously guys? To my American Neighbours...I hope you guys don't have the same sentiments as these people?

I'm a white American and the only language I can speak is English (and I must say monolingualism isn't anything to be proud of).

I also have to go back pretty far to find ancestors who lived in another country before they came here, but I'm pretty sure they spoke different languages when they arrived. The fact they uprooted themselves and moved to a new country where few spoke their language just so they could live in the United States of America to me makes them more "American" than many of the ignorant Americans who wrap nativism and exclusion in the American flag. I mean, what isn't more American than taking a big risk in order to take advantage of opportunities and possibly improve your life?

But I'll stop there before I earn the ire of the mods!

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
I'm a white American and the only language I can speak is English (and I must say monolingualism isn't anything to be proud of).

I also have to go back pretty far to find ancestors who lived in another country before they came here, but I'm pretty sure they spoke different languages when they arrived. The fact they uprooted themselves and moved to a new country where few spoke their language just so they could live in the United States of America to me makes them more "American" than many of the ignorant Americans who wrap nativism and exclusion in the American flag. I mean, what isn't more American than taking a big risk in order to take advantage of opportunities and possibly improve your life?

But I'll stop there before I earn the ire of the mods!

I'm old enough to remember the whole Coke boycott over their presence in apartheid South Africa. Much has changed since then, including Bob Dylan in an automobile ad the very week that Pete Seeger dies. Getting old is weird, and I'm really sick of branding.

Islesfans1978*

Whenever I think of the Seahawks, for some strange reason Brian Bosworth always pops into my head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad