GDT: The Stretch Run Begins | NSH @ CBJ | 12:30 PM

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Lankinen didn’t even look like a pro goalie a few years ago and then he puts up a performance like that. Crazy

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
:dunno: Both my teams looked damn good, and the one with the playoff push got points. Not 100% what I was going for but it works for me.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
- Marchenko played awful, but of course he played at the end when a goal needs to be scored and Nylander is out. But I know, his play is Vincent's fault, while the unnamed players could have been on their own.
- We can thank Tarasov that it was only 2:1. You just don't see that many losing games of battles.

:dunno: Both my teams looked damn good, and the one with the playoff push got points. Not 100% what I was going for but it works for me.
We, except some chances, played bad.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I don't know if permanently losing battles, trouble getting into the zone can be called a good play.
It's a relative measure. That's how they play. The first period (or at least all but the last five minutes) wasn't all that fun but I don't think we ever looked out of it on the ice. When the team's legit playing badly, it's excruciating to watch, and I don't think we ever reached that point.

Meanwhile, back in the Preds GDT, folks are going about how they expected us to tie and that the Preds got lucky and et cetera. It's kind of amusing. :)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
They outshot us 15-0 for 15 minutes and ended up with a nearly 20 shot advantage. I can’t call that a good effort even if the CBJ had a good second period and moments in the third.

They stood up straight after nearly getting ran over. So I guess that’s a good thing and a step for a young team, but ideally you’re not in a position of getting ran over

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
They outshot us 15-0 for 15 minutes and ended up with a nearly 20 shot advantage. I can’t call that a good effort even if the CBJ had a good second period and moments in the third.

They stood up straight after nearly getting ran over. So I guess that’s a good thing and a step for a young team, but ideally you’re not in a position of getting ran over
They were lucky because although we made the minimum chances some were dangerous.

I don't know, after all we lost maybe 80% of the battles, extreme problems under pressure. Those puck losses were impossible to watch. The bright exceptions were Sillinger with Texier, Olivier. I quite liked Chinakhov. Gaudreau, on the other hand, showed how he plays in the PO.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
...as you always do after a great tank loss. ;)
trouble.gif

Reactions: majormajor

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Random stream of consciousness...
Nashville certainly looked to be the better team today. It would have been nice to start on time.
I think Tarasov should have had both goals, but 2 goals on 49 shots is pretty damn good.
In the Arena, the call wiping out Boone's goal looked like the right one.
I thought for sure there was going to be a fight today. We could ill afford to lose another player since we were down one the entire game.
I wasn't dazzled with Fix's game.
Why can't anybody fix our power play? They sucked bad.

Reactions: VABUCK

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Random stream of consciousness...
Nashville certainly looked to be the better team today. It would have been nice to start on time.
I think Tarasov should have had both goals, but 2 goals on 49 shots is pretty damn good.
In the Arena, the call wiping out Boone's goal looked like the right one.
I thought for sure there was going to be a fight today. We could ill afford to lose another player since we were down one the entire game.
I wasn't dazzled with Fix's game.
Why can't anybody fix our power play? They sucked bad.
TFW is an AHL player. He could be good in Europe. But one is not a NHL player.
Hope we call Meyer and, if Danforth will be ill, Malatesta. :box:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Somehow with those shot totals, moneypuck still has the Jackets leading in expected goals 4-3.

I only saw the highlights so I won't comment on how accurate to reality that feels. The Preds didn't seem to have many dangerous chances in the highlight package.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Lankinen didn’t even look like a pro goalie a few years ago and then he puts up a performance like that. Crazy
I didn't see the game yesterday but we've always had a way of making backup goaltenders look lke Vezina winners and we'll see a ton of backups from here on out.

That's why we should still tread cautiously with Tarasov on his small sample size of playing well and staying healthy.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I didn't see the game yesterday but we've always had a way of making backup goaltenders look lke Vezina winners and we'll see a ton of backups from here on out.

That's why we should still tread cautiously with Tarasov on his small sample size of playing well and staying healthy.
I don't think anyone is pencilling him in as the number 1 right now. Getting the games he has been this season is helping to figure out what he is.

He has been up and down his whole career, but it has been in small doses because of his injuries. This season he has put together a not so good stretch of games, and now has strung together a stretch of good games. He has to find consistency at some point. Up and down won't cut it, and he will end up as a backup. I am waiting for him to have a bad game during this run to see how he responds getting more games.

Does he end up having more bad games to continue his pattern of being good, then being bad? Does he rebound and become consistently good, or not and become consistently bad? The only way to see will be playing him more often. His last game just tied his season high for games played, so the jury is definitely still out on how good or bad he can be.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Agreed on Tarasov but that’s all I need from him at this point.

Reactions: EspenK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad