Post-Game Talk: The streak is dead, long live the streak! 3-2 Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I said miserable. That's what I said. Learn to read. I said he looked disinterested, almost lazy. Guy wasn't skating really hard...which I really attributed at first to his injury....but that alllllll changed the minute DD was back with him. He suddenly has jump? Suddenly he can skate and he cares? That's how I see it. And to me that looks like a sucky attitude.

Exactly, you're just making up random ******** with nothing to support it

And I know Patches likes to play with DD, but anyone saying he suggested the move is just making **** up.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
Who's panicking?

Seems to me most posters account for the loss due to bad luck more than anything else. Most posters appear to agree that the Habs played well, they out-shot WAS and their goalie was unbeatable on this one game. Too many positives from this game to paint it with a negative brush.

I love this kind of post blatantly ignoring every page in this thread filled with extreme complaints and criticisms, almost entirely at DD, MT and to a lesser extent pacioretty.

Habs dominated that game Nd two lucky goals went in. Holtby was amazing.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
Exactly, you're just making up random ******** with nothing to support it

And I know Patches likes to play with DD, but anyone saying he suggested the move is just making **** up.

IT'S MY ****ING OPINION. I didn't state it was FACT. So easy. It was clear TO ME that his play changed.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
IT'S MY ****ING OPINION. I didn't state it was FACT. So easy. It was clear TO ME that his play changed.

I just think it's bad to say a player has a sucky attitude because you think you see something

Last edited:

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
I just think it's bad to say a player has a sucky attitude because you think you see something

Ok, can you tell me honestly that his play didn't change at all when he was reunited with DD? Seriously though. Tons of people were commenting on his play. I really genuinely believed he was still hurt. But when he elevated his game the moment he was back with DD, well the theory, to me, of his injury went out the window. What magically happened for him to start skating hard and looking interested, other than being with DD? Everyone thinks putting DD with Patch is coddling DD. To me, it's to give Max what he wants. And only because from what I saw, was his game changed.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Ok, can you tell me honestly that his play didn't change at all when he was reunited with DD? Seriously though. Tons of people were commenting on his play. I really genuinely believed he was still hurt. But when he elevated his game the moment he was back with DD, well the theory, to me, of his injury went out the window. What magically happened for him to start skating hard and looking interested, other than being with DD? Everyone thinks putting DD with Patch is coddling DD. To me, it's to give Max what he wants. And only because from what I saw, was his game changed.

The signs that his stride was improving were already noted two games prior if you want to know the truth...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I love this kind of post blatantly ignoring every page in this thread filled with extreme complaints and criticisms, almost entirely at DD, MT and to a lesser extent pacioretty.

I love this kind of post that is merely pandering to DD conspiracy theorists and Pacioretty boosters. These kind of comments are happening in too many threads, so they are not always reflective of any particular game. Why "blatantly" continue to poison every thread by referring to such posts, they have nothing to do with those who appreciated the game without highlighting the noise you have deemed necessary to rehash.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
The signs that his stride was improving were already noted two games prior if you want to know the truth...

Perhaps. But go back to the Columbus game. Watch Max with Plek, and then watch his game with DD. To me there was honestly a big difference.

void

Jan 5, 2006
It's hard to complain if we continue to win and play well, HOWEVER, I genuinely believe that our current lines make us a weaker and less balanced team than before.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
So the Caps are now 10-0-2 in their last 12 games in Montreal against the Habs since 2009-10. MT is still winless against the Caps at home in his 2nd stint as the Habs coach.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I would add Ottawa they are a rare team that can match our speedy players.

They are a thorn in the habs side, particularly pageau and anderson, but i just couldn't label them as eastern heavyweights. But you are right that they usually give the habs trouble. Anderson always seems to give them the chance against montreal.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah... because for most of it DD was on the third line, Galchenyuk getting 2nd line minutes, and Patches with capable first liners.

Now we're back to an inefficient set up and it's failing big time.

lol... one game with Patches-DD back and we scored 2 goals on a top-5 goalie in the league. We still played fantastic and easily could have put in 4 against any other goaltender last night.

Seriously, the dramatics here. Jeeeeeez.

I know Gallagher is hurt but FFS MB, get another scoring winger!

It's not easy at this time of the year and the roster freeze kicks in soon.

It's hard to complain if we continue to win and play well, HOWEVER, I genuinely believe that our current lines make us a weaker and less balanced team than before.

I can't disagree with that. I don't think this is permanent, either.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
So the Caps are now 10-0-2 in their last 12 games in Montreal against the Habs since 2009-10. MT is still winless against the Caps at home in his 2nd stint as the Habs coach.

Yes Sir and last night was the Caps worst effort in a long time.
Ovie took the night off he who usually owns the Bell Centre.
MT didn't do himself any favors with some of his decisions and
we just can't solve Holtby for some reason he's too damn comfortable here.

Nynja*

lol... one game with Patches-DD back and we scored 2 goals on a top-5 goalie in the league. We still played fantastic and easily could have put in 4 against any other goaltender last night.

Could have, deserved better, played great...these are the same buzzwords that saw us lose in the playoffs against Tampa.

In the playoffs, you wind up playing the Holtby's, and the Lundqvists, and the Anderson's (who seems to step his game up against Montreal)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Could have, deserved better, played great...these are the same buzzwords that saw us lose in the playoffs against Tampa.

In the playoffs, you wind up playing the Holtby's, and the Lundqvists, and the Anderson's (who seems to step his game up against Montreal)

So I guess we should just score nearly 4 goals a game every game?

Price in net last night, we win. Full lineup, we probably win. We dominated those guys. We're 19-5-3 and have played like this all season.

Are we just going to forget that we put 5 goals behind Lundqvist two weeks ago because of this one game? Like... seriously. Stop. One game where we scored two goals on 35 shots. The reaction here is ridiculous.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada

Not true, we beat the Caps at home last year in OT

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Price in net last night, we win. Full lineup, we probably win. We dominated those guys. We're 19-5-3 and have played like this all season.

Are we just going to forget that we put 5 goals behind Lundqvist two weeks ago because of this one game? Like... seriously. Stop. One game where we scored two goals on 35 shots. The reaction here is ridiculous.

No, the team sucks. Ignore the injuries, the record, the traditional stats, the modern stats, the competition, all of it.

Only the pain is real!

Last edited:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Not true, we beat the Caps at home last year in OT

Yup so they did. 1-0 on a Pacioretty OT goal. I guess Sportsnet meant not losing in regulation when they posted the Caps 9-0-2 record in Montreal since 2009-10..

Oh well I guess I'll let MT off the hook then. Keep up your teams dominance over the Caps at home then MT. :thumbu:

Nynja*

We fired a lot of perimeter garbage, according to war on ice's shot tracker. We had a lot of shots from the front of the crease, but those are also shots that its hard to elevate and get over a prone goaltender. The caps had more successful "home plate" shots than we did, successful being unblocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad