The stock market thread Part II (The GME Phenomenom)

DailyKaizen

Tesla is in trouble as a company. As more competitors come in, they are losing more and more market share. Producing more cars than there is demand for and I would make an educated guess that it continues as he pisses off a good portion of people with the twitter antics.

Tesla is already on a sever downward spiral and I don’t see a bottom to it all. He may need to step down from Tesla just to save it.
Yes 👏
Also wasn’t a lot of their profits or revenue coming in from gaming the carbon credits?

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
It's okay to lose market share of a growing slice of the electric vehicle pie. If total electric vehicle sales are flat and you lose market share it is a problem however if electric vehicle sales increase as expected then it's okay for Tesla to have a smaller piece of the larger market.

To your point there is the article below. Tesla had 65% of new electric vehicle registrations through the third quarter this year which is down from 71% in 2021. S&P predicted Tesla's market share could slip to less than 20% by 2025 with the total number of all-electric models increasing from 48 today to 159 in 2025. All-electric vehicles account for 5.1% of US auto sales in 2022 which is up from 2.8% in 2021. The article touches on Tesla working towards a lower priced model that they think could be their top selling vehicle. $30k has been mentioned however I can't say how accurate that number is or how realistic it may be.

During recent years in the US market sales of Tesla & Hyundai are up, Ford's sales are flat and GM & Honda sales are down.

Last edited:

SoulOnIce

Sep 12, 2009
What happened to that one guy that was so pro Bitcoin and Tesla. He must have lost big time. Bread something?
Breadman Panarin or so. He’s on Twitter.

I think Tesla will be fine, longterm but right now it’ll be tough. Growth companies do great during economic expansion and get hurt in the start of tough economic times.

This elon/Twitter stuff and his sales are noise. Stock was gonna take a hit regardless.

Will see if fed steps in and starts printing again or if things just continue to get worse.

DailyKaizen

Breadman Panarin or so. He’s on Twitter.

I think Tesla will be fine, longterm but right now it’ll be tough. Growth companies do great during economic expansion and get hurt in the start of tough economic times.

This elon/Twitter stuff and his sales are noise. Stock was gonna take a hit regardless.

Will see if fed steps in and starts printing again or if things just continue to get worse.
Are you sure about Tesla?

Tesla does not have that wide of a moat…

The fact that their market cap is so over priced in relation to fundamentals like Price to Earnings and price to book…does not bode well for the future of the stock price and reversions to the mean, also their debt issuing capacity….

Their cash cow is about to die that is their over reliance and carbon credit offsets to reduce their taxes and game the system of trading carbon credits

Musk is a great marketer and engineer but horrible for most retail ( every day normal guy) investors long term.

The list is long , there is a litany of reasons to invest in competitors instead of Tesla, Tesla is a lot of hype and little substance, very cultish…

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I have a lot in Tesla because I believe in the long term vision, but Elon needs to cut the shit and get focused on product instead of toying around with twitter. I'm not looking to sell in the next few months, I'm in it for ten years from now. But yeah, my portfolio is the drizzling shits right now holding bitcoin and Tesla.

Logically given my conviction in both those commodities, I should keep adding, but I'm also making the real effort to diversify my holdings and have been adding AAPL, MSFT, AMZN, and GOOG recently.

DailyKaizen

I have a lot in Tesla because I believe in the long term vision, but Elon needs to cut the shit and get focused on product instead of toying around with twitter. I'm not looking to sell in the next few months, I'm in it for ten years from now. But yeah, my portfolio is the drizzling shits right now holding bitcoin and Tesla.

Logically given my conviction in both those commodities, I should keep adding, but I'm also making the real effort to diversify my holdings and have been adding AAPL, MSFT, AMZN, and GOOG recently.
Nice one diversifying with some FANGs

SoulOnIce

Sep 12, 2009
Are you sure about Tesla?

Tesla does not have that wide of a moat…

The fact that their market cap is so over priced in relation to fundamentals like Price to Earnings and price to book…does not bode well for the future of the stock price and reversions to the mean, also their debt issuing capacity….

Their cash cow is about to die that is their over reliance and carbon credit offsets to reduce their taxes and game the system of trading carbon credits

Musk is a great marketer and engineer but horrible for most retail ( every day normal guy) investors long term.

The list is long , there is a litany of reasons to invest in competitors instead of Tesla, Tesla is a lot of hype and little substance, very cultish…
Long term? Yes.

How long does it take Tesla to make a car? And how long does it take vw to make a car?

They don’t need carbon credits anymore. Their P/E has come down a bit. Look at their cash position, and look at debt compared to other auto companies. With higher interest rates, if margins go down across the board, who is in a better position to survive? Look at Tesla’s current margins and tell me what traditional auto companies make off ev vehicles.

Reactions: DailyKaizen

DailyKaizen

Long term? Yes.

How long does it take Tesla to make a car? And how long does it take vw to make a car?

They don’t need carbon credits anymore. Their P/E has come down a bit. Look at their cash position, and look at debt compared to other auto companies. With higher interest rates, if margins go down across the board, who is in a better position to survive? Look at Tesla’s current margins and tell me what traditional auto companies make off ev vehicles.
Interesting 🤔 food 🥝 for thought, I will definitely look more into it. Thanks @SoulOnIce 👍 for stimulating my interest and curiousity

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
I Actually own a couple share`s of Best buy, Circuit City, A`M`C`, all the top company`s. That is how u build a nest egg. I am hoping to pass these on to my Grand children in 20 year`s time, i believe they will be worth some Money. Thank Gollable Gollable i never invested in BiteCoin, that was the ultimate Scam. :clap:

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Yesterday I put my 2023 TFSA contribution towards a starter position in TSLA at 106.35. It's small enough that I'm fine letting it ride and see how the future shakes out.

edit....or not....sold with a 15% gain in eight days. probably silly but these markets are choppy and it didn't seem like a terrible idea...but maybe it was a terrible idea.

edit two...yep, terrible idea, i believe 46% gain is better than 15% but maybe my math is wrong, lol, this was two weeks after selling and three after buying. oh well, 15% gain is a 15% gain

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I Actually own a couple share`s of Best buy, Circuit City, A`M`C`, all the top company`s. That is how u build a nest egg. I am hoping to pass these on to my Grand children in 20 year`s time, i believe they will be worth some Money. Thank Gollable Gollable i never invested in BiteCoin, that was the ultimate Scam. :clap:
Please don't go into other threads to post. Just stay in the pointless ones you make. Thanks.

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
My Stock`s are up a couple point`s today, Great day in the market. That is how u make a Fortune. I alway`s pick the Top company`s, i have been investing that way for the last 30 Year`s. & I have made load`s of money with that strategem. Buy High, Sell Higher. :yo:

Reactions: Jacob

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
I Bought a couple of J.C. Penny stock`s today. That is easy money, J.C. Penny is one of the leading S`tore`s. When u think about shopping, u think about J.C. Penny. I also bought a couple of Bed, Bath, & Beyond Share`s, think about their Great selection. Frederick Douglass would be please`d. He was a famous Investor, Remember he invested in the first Peanut farm. He knew how to make money. :clap:

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Tips for Better Sleep
  1. Be consistent. ...
  2. Make sure your bedroom is quiet, dark, relaxing, and at a comfortable temperature.
  3. Remove electronic devices, such as TVs, computers, and smart phones, from the bedroom.
  4. Avoid large meals, caffeine, and alcohol before bedtime.
  5. Get some exercise.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Sound advice. Almost as good of a piece of advice as making yourselves aware of the 'ignore' button if you click on a profile name. Today was the first time I have used this technology however recent events made it necessary for my sanity.

For me 2022 was the year of holding, eye on the prize long term, don't fret short term noise and apparently money has little value to me because I didn't mind watching my portfolio decline. There was an odd comfort in accepting (mostly) temporary losses after the two previous years' gains and knowing if I stay the course for multiple years then things should be okay. Maybe. Hopefully. Time will tell.

Reactions: McGarnagle

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Sound advice. Almost as good of a piece of advice as making yourselves aware of the 'ignore' button if you click on a profile name. Today was the first time I have used this technology however recent events made it necessary for my sanity.

For me 2022 was the year of holding, eye on the prize long term, don't fret short term noise and apparently money has little value to me because I didn't mind watching my portfolio decline. There was an odd comfort in accepting (mostly) temporary losses after the two previous years' gains and knowing if I stay the course for multiple years then things should be okay. Maybe. Hopefully. Time will tell.

Yeah, I was basically a TSLA/BTC maxi for the past 2 years. Literally bought me a house at the end of 2021 on it, but 2022 I was down a hard 70% or so. It sucks to see that number creep lower and lower every month, but I'm not in any kind of financial crisis and still have a positive long-term view of the assets I'm holding.

Right now I'm weighing strategies going forward - I want more balance in the portfolio (though growth-minded balance - mainly FAANGs). But I'm also bullish on TSLA/BTC/ETH in the long run and this is definitely a great buying opportunity for them now that they're down. I guess I'll just little by little add pieces of all of the above at an even level.

Reactions: yahhockey

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
My Boyfriend William J. Capricorn, well he is more of a side piece, Crispy chicken strip`s with extra honey mustard if u catch my Drift. Bee stung lip`s, u do the math. He told me to buy Sear`s stock way back in 1999, that was before anyone had ever heard of Sear`s before. I Got in at a dollar a Pop, he told me to hold on to these for the rest of your Live. Fast forward to today & Sear`s is 1 of the top company`s in the world, that is the first place u go to when u need to buy anything. & They are partnered with Craft`sman witch is also 1 of the top company`s in the world, Great tool`s. So it just goe`s to Show.

Reactions: Jacob

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
My Boyfriend William J. Capricorn, well he is more of a side piece, Crispy chicken strip`s with extra honey mustard if u catch my Drift. Bee stung lip`s, u do the math. He told me to buy Sear`s stock way back in 1999, that was before anyone had ever heard of Sear`s before. I Got in at a dollar a Pop, he told me to hold on to these for the rest of your Live. Fast forward to today & Sear`s is 1 of the top company`s in the world, that is the first place u go to when u need to buy anything. & They are partnered with Craft`sman witch is also 1 of the top company`s in the world, Great tool`s. So it just goe`s to Show.
STFU

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Not gonna be well received around these parts but its true - NFTs are the play in bear/crab markets. Did really well this bear market with them.

Definitely not the play in bull markets, then just sell the crypto if you need cash.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
I also bought a couple of Bed, Bath, & Beyond Share`s, think about their Great selection. Frederick Douglass would be please`d. He was a famous Investor, Remember he invested in the first Peanut farm. He knew how to make money. :clap:
fzQZGG4.png

Easy Money, i know what the Hell i am talking about. Never bet against Bed, Bath & Beyond. That is the Frederick Douglass investing method, guarantee`d profit`s every time. :yo:

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
HdTnmb8.png

Silence from the Hater`s. :yo: We are Ripping, that is what u call Bed, Bath, & Beyond Gain`s. :yo: Have Fun taking 50 year`s to build you`re I.R.A.`s, I Am already Retire`d. :yo:

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
4Of4THo.png

Just Another day at the Office. We have now triple`d our money in just a couple of day`s, it is only the beginning. Gosh bless Bed, Bath, & Beyond, Glad i didn`t invest in those Fake coin`s. :laugh::handclap::yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad