The stock market thread Part II (The GME Phenomenom)

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Will be interesting to see what happens to oil after the election. Given Biden will have less incentive to suppress the price.

• Wow
Reactions: Maple Leaf

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Algorand popping off while bitcoin remains flat. Not typical for a bear market. I managed to almost double my algo bag in this bear market.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
For one day everyone gets rich, there is no longer or never will be a recession, tech companies aren't laying off thousands of people, mortgage applications haven't dried up, everything is just peachy. To the moon! lol

edit...now it's Friday and the rally continues. There is a part of me that wants to go 100% cash. It won't happen but part of me thinks it's for the best. Time in the market versus timing the market, yadda yadda, I don't know. Mentally I have been okay riding the decline since my portfolio is ~55% market ETFs, 42% Canadian dividend stocks and 3% riskier investments. For the most part I have evaded the carnage of individual stocks which have declined 60-70% or more. The Canadian dividend stocks are in an unregistered account to take advantage of the dividend tax credit since my TFSA is maxed.

Last edited:
Reactions: EXTRAS and Jacob

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I went to check my TD Ameritrade account (I use Robinhood for most of my investments and TD for some side trades) and found that I was actually in a negative balance with a debit call because I was holding some AVCT which had a split in October and apparently when there's a stock split they charge you a "reorganization fee", which is a load of crap. And with as much as AVCT dropped like a rock the fee was larger than the value of my holdings in it. I've been holding that bad and am considering just closing that position, but it's so low at this point that I might as well Hodl since my total value is about $8 so it's worth a gamble that it eventually does moon and I don't even care if the company folds and it gets liquidated at zero. Maybe in December I'll close to aid my taxes, though with Bitcoin I believe I already harvested the maximum amount of capital losses I can write-off for the year.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
"reorganization fee" - what a crock. No wonder TD stock has performed well over a long period of time. I can't imagine my broker charging a fee for a stock split.

YLC

May 6, 2010
Watching TSLA fall 50% is heartbreaking since its my main holding.

Twitter purchase really messed things up.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Watching TSLA fall 50% is heartbreaking since its my main holding.

Twitter purchase really messed things up.
It was going down well before that. Like everything is. It will go back up when everything else goes back up.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013

Tesla shareholders should vote yes en masse. Well assuming him stepping down would mean he spends less time dealing with twitter however if it's simply a role change but he still spends a bunch of time then it's irrelevant.

• Wow
Reactions: DailyKaizen

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005

Tesla shareholders should vote yes en masse. Well assuming him stepping down would mean he spends less time dealing with twitter however if it's simply a role change but he still spends a bunch of time then it's irrelevant.

too late for that. guy is permanently logged in

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Good point but didn’t the people who loaned him money, Saudi royal family? Request he consider hiring another ceo and this is why Elon made the poll about stepping down anyway?

Also what are everyone’s thoughts on Disney as a buying opportunity at these prices ?
the poll is meaningless. it's an attempt to manipulate some people into thinking that they have a voice. either way, he was gonna stay for a few months until someone replaced him.

my question is: did investors in this whole mess knew elmo would act like such a manbaby?

Reactions: DailyKaizen

DailyKaizen

the poll is meaningless. it's an attempt to manipulate some people into thinking that they have a voice. either way, he was gonna stay for a few months until someone replaced him.

my question is: did investors in this whole mess knew elmo would act like such a manbaby?
Ahhhhhh.

Of course they knew there was that risk but greed got the better of them…

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018

Tesla is in trouble as a company. As more competitors come in, they are losing more and more market share. Producing more cars than there is demand for and I would make an educated guess that it continues as he pisses off a good portion of people with the twitter antics.

Tesla is already on a sever downward spiral and I don’t see a bottom to it all. He may need to step down from Tesla just to save it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad