OT: The Soccer Football Thread (USA, RBNY, PL, etc.)

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
What an idiot - if Kaku continued on the trajectory that he was on in the first half of last season, he was well on his way to Europe. He had La Liga clubs taking notice.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So any Red Bull fans have parking/traveling tips? I wound up going to tonight's game last minute for a friend's birthday (with comp tickets from some charity event) and am driving so not sure if there's any tricks to getting in or out I have to be mindful of?

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
So any Red Bull fans have parking/traveling tips? I wound up going to tonight's game last minute for a friend's birthday (with comp tickets from some charity event) and am driving so not sure if there's any tricks to getting in or out I have to be mindful of?

late but for your future reference:

never drive to a red bull match. if you do, park in newark and walk.

at this point, i drive to the train yard where i park for work and take the path one stop from journal square to harrison. by the time i get back to my car at journal square, i probably still would be stuck on rodgers blvd.

it will *never* get better unless a totally new access road to 280 is built.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
late but for your future reference:

never drive to a red bull match. if you do, park in newark and walk.

at this point, i drive to the train yard where i park for work and take the path one stop from journal square to harrison. by the time i get back to my car at journal square, i probably still would be stuck on rodgers blvd.

it will *never* get better unless a totally new access road to 280 is built.

I pretty much did have to park in Newark lol, for the distance that one $15 parking lot is from the arena that we wound up at.

Reactions: New Jersey

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
i meant that seriously, as i didn't want the reds to win :rant:

22d092e7ef59f13f3dcf8b2d6c565db4--liverpool-banners.jpg

Reactions: None Shall Pass

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Liverpool is owned by the guy who owns the Red Sox, as if you needed another reason to hate them. Go Ajax.

Whoops, you're right.

Perhaps I should convert from Liverpool to Crystal Palace and from the Brooklyn Nets to the Philadelphia 76ers.

Can't be inconsistent! :eyeroll:

Funny how John Henry keeps having his football side play exhibitions at *both* Fenway Park and Yankee Stadium. It's almost as if he doesn't care about rivalries more than revenue!

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I want to die

don’t do that ace, we like evertonians alive and you’re a good guy.

it’s manc club supporters who will get the piss taken out of them on this one, you’re safe.

being serious, when i was celebrating watching a f***ing penalty shootout win on my 23” walmart tv against cardiff f***ing city in my bedroom as a teenager, i wasn’t ready to believe that we’d get back to THIS.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Hate to say it, but I wanted Liverpool to win more. I’m in too deep into Arsenal fandom to cheer for the rival.

Could have done without them getting pasted in the Europa final and not having one of their best players available due to politics, though.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
i can't comment on the quality of the match because I slept through most of it and didn't even remember it was on until 8pm my time.

at least the UCL final wasn't played 6,000 miles from a major European city that just so happened to be the home of both clubs in that final, like the Europa final was. why is Azerbaijan in UEFA anyway? though I guess it could be worse, it could be the Italian Supercoppa in Saudi Arabia, or the Copa Libertadores in Miami.

oh well. now i guess it's nothing until the Gold Cup. can't wait to see Berhalter's godawful roster. who's he gonna screw over for MLS flotsam this time?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad