The Simmonds trade was truly awful

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
It seems a bit odd to me that Poile decided to get big guys who can't skate anymore at the deadline in Simmonds and Boyle.

I don't follow Nashville that closely but they didn't strike me as a team that needed an infusion of toughness or grit. So it's weird to me they paid such a high price for these two particular players.

The only reason we made those trades is "big net front presence to help shitty power play." They didn't help because our PP consists of defensemen firing shots into defenders ankles because they knew it was coming and we had no other strategy.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Really? We’re going to do this in hindsight? Go read the original trade thread; comments were generally pretty positive.

Did it work out? Noooope. Can you act like it was a mindboggling trade now after the fact? Noooope.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
The Flyers once traded Patrick Sharp and Eric Meloche for Matt Ellison and a 3rd. It happens.
One trade has nothing to do with the other? So what is your point? Pittsburgh once traded Naslund for Stojanov... I am not daring to compare Naslund to Simmonds or the level of trade disparity but what is your point from a trade seasons ago till a trade done this season. AKA I’ll wait... nothing.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
One trade has nothing to do with the other? So what is your point? Pittsburgh once traded Naslund for Stojanov... I am not daring to compare Naslund to Simmonds or the level of trade disparity but what is your point from a trade seasons ago till a trade done this season. AKA I’ll wait... nothing.

First of all, chill out. Secondly, I was point out that some things that look equal or even better to one can turn around very quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad