The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I never knew it was that close. As others have posted above - there is a big difference between enquiring (which is basically due diligence on Adams' part) compared to going so far to get a trade agreed only for the player to veto it. Even if it did get that far - I'm pretty sure Adams would have lost any interest himself once he knew the player wasn't interested.

I'm not saying you are wrong or that I don't believe you. Did Marek say what the proposed deal was? I listen to his podcast sporadically but no more regular than that. Pesce is a player I've always liked.
Jeff talks about the Sabres a lot more on TJMS than he does on 32T. He didn’t get into specifics and I couldn’t tell you the exact episode, it releases every day bc it’s a radio show. Wish I could.

but he essentially said that Pesce and Buffalo was hot all summer and seemed like a sure thing until it wasn’t.

I wouldn’t trade Lehkonen for 11th if I’m being honest. He’s an elite two-way top 6 forward that is clutch in the playoffs. He’s the type of player an overpay would be required.
I’m interested in Colton and moving the 11th pick but I think the gap in value may be hard to pinpoint and work around. That and the NTC which we are no doubt on

Reactions: Chainshot

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
I have had a few discussions with some Sabres fans on a trade between the Avs and Sabres involving Ross Colton and was wondering what sort of trade could be worked out.

Is there a world where the Avs add to Colorado could add to him to get 11th overall? If so, what sort of add would the Sabres be looking for?
More like the 43rd pick + Krebs or something.

11th overall would only be available for a big name player

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
More like the 43rd pick + Krebs or something.

11th overall would only be available for a big name player
Krebs + for Colton is definitely interesting. I don’t know how well Krebs would fit in with Colorado’s style though.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I wouldn’t trade Lehkonen for 11th if I’m being honest. He’s an elite two-way top 6 forward that is clutch in the playoffs. He’s the type of player an overpay would be required.

I don’t blame you. But realistically there’s not much that Colorado could add to Colton that would make a trade feasible for 11th overall.

Maybe Walker, but I believe he is a UFA this summer.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Krebs + for Colton is definitely interesting. I don’t know how well Krebs would fit in with Colorado’s style though.

Downhill toward the net, Krebs probably fits in fine.

With Colorado, having some tightness to the cap, though, it might work to use futures (draft picks) to make a deal happen so that they have those to use as currency at the next deadline.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I don’t blame you. But realistically there’s not much that Colorado could add to Colton that would make a trade feasible for 11th overall.

Maybe Walker, but I believe he is a UFA this summer.

Yes he is. I wasn’t sure if our late first plus Colton could get it done.

I'll be that guy....Calum Ritchie....

Hahah I like the attempt but I think the Avs would stand Pat

Reactions: DJN21

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I don't see anything realistic that Colorado could add to Colton to get #11 out of us.

I'd think it'd also be a major uphill battle to get Colton to waive his NTC to come to Buffalo.

Colton’s NTC kicks in July 1st.

Yes he is. I wasn’t sure if our late first plus Colton could get it done.

I wish we had a trade chart for pick values like the NFL. I’d think about Colton + Colorados 1sr for 11 though. I think some of our NHL ready ELC youngsters probably make more sense though given the cap crunch next year.

Reactions: Perratrooper

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
The proposed trade for Murray was all about moving up in the draft & nothing about acquiring the player concerned.

Pesce... I haven't ever seen or heard anything that says they had a concrete deal in place which broke down because of a NTC. Just rumours linking us to trading for him because it made sense on paper.
It was about both.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The problem with Pesce and Murray rejecting the trades isn’t that it happened…it’s how Adams plan Bs were just abysmal. So Murray says no and you don’t get to flip picks…sucks but oh well. Do better than letting every other team pick through the goalie market and signing Eric Comrie.

Pesce was a strong target. Good for you. Do better than Clifton and Johnson heading into the season when it falls apart.

He’s either been too fixated on one idea that he cant find a plan b…or his plan Bs have been a nightmare.

Can’t happen this summer.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
The problem with Pesce and Murray rejecting the trades isn’t that it happened…it’s how Adams plan Bs were just abysmal. So Murray says no and you don’t get to flip picks…sucks but oh well. Do better than letting every other team pick through the goalie market and signing Eric Comrie.

Pesce was a strong target. Good for you. Do better than Clifton and Johnson heading into the season when it falls apart.

He’s either been too fixated on one idea that he cant find a plan b…or his plan Bs have been a nightmare.

Can’t happen this summer.

Comrie was a highly thought of option coming off a solid year if small sample size if I recall correctly.

Clifton was definitely sought after and a guy many around here were pitching for. @ Chainshot I feel like was one?

I don't think you're remembering this correctly or the reception it was given by many around here but I could be wrong....

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Comrie was a highly thought of option coming off a solid year if small sample size if I recall correctly.

Clifton was definitely sought after and a guy many around here were pitching for. @ Chainshot I feel like was one?

I don't think you're remembering this correctly or the reception it was given by many around here but I could be wrong....
Such a deep list of quality goaltenders in the 2022 UFA that are all living up well to the contracts they signed, and they def would have signed with us had they been offered contracts.

• Darcy Kuemper, Avalanche.
  • Ville Husso, Blues.
  • Jack Campbell, Maple Leafs.
  • Casey DeSmith, Penguins.
  • Eric Comrie, Jets.
  • Scott Wedgewood, Stars.
  • Thomas Greiss, Red Wings.
  • Martin Jones, Flyers.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Such a deep list of quality goaltenders in the 2022 UFA that are all living up well to the contracts they signed, and they def would have signed with us had they been offered contracts.

• Ville Husso, Blues.
  • Eric Comrie, Jets.
  • Martin Jones, Flyers.
man....we missed the SS Vezina....

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

• Ville Husso, Blues.
  • Eric Comrie, Jets.
  • Martin Jones, Flyers.
I wanted Husso or Cambell !

:facepalm:

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

• Ville Husso, Blues.
  • Eric Comrie, Jets.
  • Martin Jones, Flyers.
And not for nothing, but when it comes to Wedgewood:

IMG_1163.jpeg

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Oh see…I come from the perspective of where I said these moves weren’t it and Adams hadn’t done enough during the last two offseasons as they were happening. It’s why everyone hates me and blocks me and attacks me for negativity.

So on days like today when people look back at how things were they can see I was the one who said them…and I get to continue from my position of having been correct in my opinion from the start.

These moves weren’t enough. As I said then. And I say now. And here we exist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad