The Rosenbloom rant on Kane

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
kanes production at ES was slightly less than we should expect. Where his pt totals took a huge hit was on the dismal PP.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Kane parties too much and beats up cab drivers. Therefore he shouldn't be on the Hawks. His world class dangles, passing, vision, and shot mean nothing to me

Martini*

Rosenbloom knows what hes talking about but has agendas.

As for trading Kane, id listen if other teams brought him up, why not? Its Blowmans job to make the team better.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Kane should have won the Conn Smythe.

You trade Hossa LONNNNNNNG before you do Kane.
No, he shouldn't have. He wouldn't have even been 3rd in my books.

I agree with the 2nd part.
I don't get the hate on Kane.. so he is soft.. he weighs 150 pounds...

You rip on his playoff performance? I don't get that.. should the Hawks trade Toews then? Not like he does much in the playoffs.. I'd take Kane over JT in them anyday.
Toews does more for the team in the playoffs than Kane, trade Kane 100 times before JT.

Martini*

If Rosenbloom knew half as much about hockey as he thinks he does he'd be Bob McKenzie. He's an arrogant tool.
Rosey does know alot about hockey, but he is better at ruffling the feathers, which is what he did here, obviously.

The fact that he had how many people here commenting on his piece says enough. He gets paid by bringing clicks to the trib's site, even if you dont buy the sub.

Rosey wins this one.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
It's funny that we are talking about giving 100%.... whom among Sharp Toews Kane and Hossa made the effort to play overseas this year?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Rosey does know alot about hockey, but he is better at ruffling the feathers, which is what he did here, obviously.

The fact that he had how many people here commenting on his piece says enough. He gets paid by bringing clicks to the trib's site, even if you dont buy the sub.

Rosey wins this one.

He knows more than most in Chicago's media, but that's not saying a whole lot.

He's a semi-informed writer that thinks he's Bob McKenzie.

He's an ass hat through and through.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I'm shocked! SHOCKED! Fiddy starting a thread to rag on Kane ... I never would have believed it. Who would ever have thought fiddy would write something negative about Kane. I don't think it's ever happened before ... has it?

Rosie get's an axe to grind about someone and then never let's it go. A Rosenblum article about Kane is going to be about as unbiased as a fiddy post ... whoa ... are you thinking what I'm thinking? Has anyone ever seen Rosie and fiddy at the same party? Could fiddy be Rosie's pseudonym? Yeah ... that's right Rosie or fiddy or whatever your real name is - I'm on to ya.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I'd have preferred not even acknowledging him but I understand the premise behind posting a related story of his in here. Asshat was exactly the word I was going to use before DHF so eloquently beat me to it.

FakeKidPoker*

No, he shouldn't have. He wouldn't have even been 3rd in my books.

I agree with the 2nd part.

Toews does more for the team in the playoffs than Kane, trade Kane 100 times before JT.

Nah dawg, it should have been Toews not top 3... don't be fooled by the media and "intangibles"

Toews didn't do much after the Vancouver series... it was Kane who stepped up in the clutch against Nashville and Philly.

Toews didn't score a single goal in the SCF and only scored 1 goal in the last 11 games... Kane had 8 points in six games. Toews was lucky the voting took place inbetween periods.

I'm not advocating trading Toews at all... just saying Kane is a better playoff performer.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Nobody would invite Rosenbloom to a party.

Unless you're a fan of not having fun!

I wouldn't get rid of Toews before Kane - but can't imagine it *ever* coming down to a choice b/w the two so who cares.

I think people under-estimate the effect Kane's wrist surgery had on his game last year. For a playmaker whose game is big on stickhandling and sophisticated passing, i'd assume that the surgery had a huge impact.

He showed commitment to going over to Biel and playing...I'm hoping he's in great form to start the season.

I don't get why people slag him so much - we're lucky we have him and he's an important part of the team.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Nah dawg, it should have been Toews not top 3... don't be fooled by the media and "intangibles"

Toews didn't do much after the Vancouver series... it was Kane who stepped up in the clutch against Nashville and Philly.

Toews didn't score a single goal in the SCF and only scored 1 goal in the last 11 games... Kane had 8 points in six games. Toews was lucky the voting took place inbetween periods.

I'm not advocating trading Toews at all... just saying Kane is a better playoff performer.

No, he isn't.
Kane is one-dimensional. He doesnt PK, his defense is suspect, and he relies on Toews to do the dirty work.

Toews out scored Kane in the Nashville series.
Toews out scored Kane in the Vancouver series.
Toews out scored Kane in the San Jose series.

And you want to talk about having 1 goal in 11 playoff games.

In his last 13 games, guess how many Kane has?

I'm not a Kane hater by any means, but to say hes better than Toews is ludacris.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm already beginning to miss the lockout.... at least then, the idiocy in hockey media and on the boards was a little bit less.

Martini*

I'm already beginning to miss the lockout.... at least then, the idiocy in hockey media and on the boards was a little bit less.

The media in Chicago when it comes to hockey is perfectly fine. Nobody outside of the diehards cares about hockey. The turnout for the Cup rally had more to do with a day off to get drunk with Kaner then actually caring about the Hawks. Those numbers were a bit embellished to say the least, also.

Last edited by a moderator:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
In starting this thread -I merely reported what Rosenbloom said about Kane and I emphasized that I was willing to give him a chance to redeem himself this (albeit short) season from last year's regression..

Now it may be that he was impaired from that wrist injury or discombobulated by that attempt to make him a 2c solution --whatever--doesn't matter-I stated I would give him a chance to prove he can be a significant "difference-mker" for us to justify that big fat paycheck hre gets ...but i must see more sustained "try" and much more effective production from him --otherwise we must question the allocation of so much cap on such a one dimensional player...So I was not ranting on him like Rosenbloom did -merely suggsting he is on the clock to prove it (his real value) as a difference-maker to help us win...I do however question whether a greater quantity of merely 1 point games --mostly just assists not goals-- as opposed a player proviing more multi=point games than he gave us last year -is a player that really is that much of a difference-maker...How many games can you credit him for 2,3 or more points that you can point to was the significant offensive reason wewon that game ? Now it could be that his missing 20-22 points from last year ARE those missing "multi" points and that maybe they could have made a difference in 4-5 more wins for us --perhaps less so if the majority of these missing points were spread out to fill games he got no points in anyway -then they might be perhaps more "useless" points --that is oints making no big difference to wins...
It is had to quantify the "effect" of scoring points as the significant difference in wins--we might look at GWG's or GWA's and see how he compares to others in the league-but sometimes scoring multi=points even as insurance or double insurance goals--helps cement a win because opponets fall too far behind and cannot climb all the way back into a game..However for sure--getting 1a only in some 5-3win for us -might be just a stats padder kind of point and nothing really significant in making that win.. It is hard to quantify such "effect" or lack of major effect ..Much easier if we win 5-3 hand a player gets 3 points-then=then you can say he was an effective
reason we won that game...My impression was that Kane had too many 1 point--mostly assist,but also just solo goal games when he did get a point --last year as opposed to multi-point more productive prformances -and so my impression was he was not that effective in helping us win games as we sHOULD expect from one of our "go to" guys..Maybe if he restored the missing 20+ points we expect these would add those missing multi-point games we think a go to guy should give us ..so we shal see this season--albeit short --what pattern of scoring he gives us-if it is only the 1 point and out pattern again even if upped back to a point a game pace -that may not be that significant in creating wins for us ...If he gives us a much greater pattern of multi-point games (probably relected in more 1st star of the game awards ) then he willbe more significant contributing to our wins..If he fails to get back to a point a game pace giving us only about 80% of what he should be capable of )--then thaytwould be 2 seasons in a row off his expected scoring pace (no matter what the scoring pttern distribution is) -and if that disaster happens--AGAIN --then he surely will not have as many defenders onthis board..

Therefore I am giving him another chance--but he is on the clock and the leash is short...PROVE to us he really is the go to effective guy we are paying for--or else prepare fora career elsewhere. I dounbt the marketing dept. will save him to stay here if another disinterested season like last year is all we get from him agai. I am not criticizing him for the roles he can never do well--only for the role he MUST do well ..the pressure is on ..prove your worth!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad