GDT: The return of Jake about to Guentz Mike Sullivan!!! 7pm Cannes @ Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
He's actually been a bright spot in WBS the past two years. Fun player. Probably will go to some other organization and be a great bottom six forward who puts up 10ish goals and 30ish points for a few years while we have Matt Nieto, Lars Eller, and Brayden Yager on our 4th line under the tutelage of Pharoahe Sully.
Oh in WB, yes how wonderful for him. He's what 23 now? How long before we call him a bust, 26, 27?

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
This isn't Poulin's first NHL game of course, but he still better score on his first shift (a la the immortal Luca Caputi) and then steadily improve from there, otherwise he gonna get Sullied.

Caputi scored early in period 1 of his first game, not sure if it was actually his first shift. By the end of the game though, he had been assigned a minor penalty (oh noes!) and had been on the ice for 3 of Montreal's 4 goals.

BTW, Caputi's debut came just a few days before the end of Michel Therrien's tenure in Pittsburgh in 2009. Therrien, though not as pathological about it as Sullivan, was known to be a coach who wasn't exactly enamored of young players.... and Caputi, though demoted to the 4th line by game's end IIRC, still played 15 minutes that night!

Good luck to Poulin tonight. Even if he is in the lineup he's going to get scarcely more ice time than if he were in the press box. But that's understandable -- can't take chances by using an unproven player on a team that's soooooo close to making the playoffs and can't afford to choke away a single point because some rookie makes a mistake that a veteran never would make.

Oh wait.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Wishlist for this game

1 Crosby point
Poulin gets to play and plays well in his few minutes
No SHG
Wishlist for this game:

We lose big
Sid and Geno come out and rip Sullivan to shreds
Dubas finally says he can no longer tolerate our coaches and fires the lot

Reactions: Darren McCord

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Your man crush Bunting didn't play his first game until 23.

Puustinen having a nice first season at 24.
But Bunting is now a proven commodity, Poulin remains to be seen. PU was a 7th rd pick I believe so expectations there should be tempered.

Hey, I hope Poulin scores a hat trick and you can point at me and laugh (as you often do).

I would rather put Poulin in the lineup than Puljujarvi

Just cause, pointless 28+ year olds on the team seem worse than 23 year olds
Fair point, can't argue with you there. I hope he proves me wrong, I sincerely do.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I hope Jake The Snake scores a hatty then skates to centre ice to flip us all off
Perhaps though:

It seems like he punched his own ticket though by trying to play hardball on contract negotiations

Evidence: Dubas return was pretty weak, and didn't really sell anything else off, so it wasn't for the rebuild

Fair point, can't argue with you there. I hope he proves me wrong, I sincerely do.
Yeah i don't expect much. Just always, with sports, if you have two guys who aren't much of anything, you go with the younger one

... As Carter is about to get back in the lineup

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
I agree with your premise in general. Specifically to this bum, no dice. He's a bust, you'll all know it before too long. FIVE long years since he's been drafted, and what has he shown us? Nothing but disappointment.
Then make it glaringly clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad