The Return of DDK

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
DDK was a natural. The fact they’re rotating so many new faces makes me think they’re either thinking of adding someone new full time or bumping someone out.

Most will probably disagree with me but if I could vote anyone off the island it would be Ozzie. His constant blatant rose color homerness is tiring. We could be down 10-1 and he’ll insist we’re playing great.
Sadly, Mick is going to need a replacement some day.

Remember when Bertuzzi did a few games? I think that came to an end after his DUI.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Sadly, Mick is going to need a replacement some day.

Remember when Bertuzzi did a few games? I think that came to an end after his DUI.

I could definitely see Ozzy as a replacement for Mick. No one can fill those Carhart flannels, but Ozzy brings a lot of fun and stories to the broadcast in a way similar to Redmond.

I also feel like people are underrating Dekeyser's defensive play for the Wings. He was hampered by injury but Holland should be thanking his lucky stars that Dekeyser fell into his lap when the defensive corps was mostly spare parts. He was a solid if unspectacular defensive defenseman for much of his time with the Wings. He regularly played 20+ minutes a night, which is more minutes than he ideally would be playing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricelund

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Jimmy did a interview with Husso last season that was really good and he looked more comfortable doing that then the live stuff.

Found it.

Broadcasting is like any other occupation, you gotta figure out your employees' strength and base assignments on that. If we see it, management's probably noticed as well, so hopefully they take your advice and put Jimmy on interviews and DDK in the booth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad